HET470 assembler Command Line options

  • wickdastic
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Has anyone come across the command line option switches for the het470
      assembler? the example shows -hc and IAR has a appnote about using
      -iiiii. Are there others? Just what does the het470wrap.exe do?
    • Sandy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2006
        --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "wickdastic" <twick@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone come across the command line option switches for the
        het470
        > assembler? the example shows -hc and IAR has a appnote about using
        > -iiiii. Are there others? Just what does the het470wrap.exe do?

        I messed with some of the command line options a while ago when
        writing the heta assembler. The IAR het470wrap.exe as I recall was a
        way to get the command line parameters from the IAR environment into
        the Het470.exe (from TI). I think the problem was that the paths for
        the file might be too long for the Het470 command lines or something
        like that, as well as setting some environment variables. You can
        run Het470 by itself, but I don't remember if it will tell you all
        the command line options. Most I found were for code generation
        options.

        The HETA.exe that is in the file section should also work, and has
        some extra features, BUT has at least one bug in the code
        generation, the storage modifier 'volatile' is in the wrong place in
        the genereate code. Easy fix.

        HTH

        Sandy