tms470 (HET as UART)

  • donkicad
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2006
      Hi,

      I was wondering if anyone has tried using the high end timer as a
      RS232 UART, as per the app note that is available on the TI website.
      If so, have you run into any problems? I just can't seem to get it be
      capable of adding an extra receiver module to the high end time .het
      assembler module. Apparently all you really need to do is replace (for
      example) RX1 with RX3 (with a global replace) and all is well (I did
      some diffs and found NO difference between modules other than that, I
      would suspect this is intential to allow ease of expansion). The app
      note suggests that it is easy to add additional modules, but I cannot
      seem to get it working. I think tomorrow I will try again from
      scratch, in case I made a hard to find error. I can't find anything
      wrong with my current expansion. I even added an extra transmit module
      without a problem, but an extra receive just breaks everything, and it
      is VERY hard to figure out what is going on inside the high end timer.
      It either works or it doesn't. So I guess my question is has anyone
      expanded this module and if so could you include an example?

      thanks!