SPI Interface to Flash memory

  • rickatedge
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2006
      Does anyone have an example of using the SPI peripheral interface to
      communicate with flash memory (Atmel or ST for example)?

      I would like to implement block transfers, which entails keeping the
      flash's chip select line asserted throughout the process. Can this be
      accomplished using the automatic CS line on the 470, or will I need to
      "manually" drive a CS line?

      Finally, this appears to be a good candidate for DMA management of the
      transfers? If anyone has DMA with the SPI peripheral, I would love to
      see a skeleton of the approach.

      Thanks in advance.
    • marjan_hanc
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2006
        --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "rickatedge" <rderman@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have an example of using the SPI peripheral interface to
        > communicate with flash memory (Atmel or ST for example)?
        >
        > I would like to implement block transfers, which entails keeping the
        > flash's chip select line asserted throughout the process. Can this be
        > accomplished using the automatic CS line on the 470, or will I need to
        > "manually" drive a CS line?
        >
        > Finally, this appears to be a good candidate for DMA management of the
        > transfers? If anyone has DMA with the SPI peripheral, I would love to
        > see a skeleton of the approach.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

        Hi,

        find the example code in the files section. I have implemented this
        code for the Atmel AT45DB321 flash memory.

        Hope it helps you,
        Marjan