Re: Quadrature encoder interface with HET?

  • donkicad
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
      I would suggest that you look under the Application notes on the TI
      website and look at the "Using the HET as a UART" pdf. It is very
      instructional. Also read chapter 4 (at the very least) in the HET
      reference available in the same area of the TMS470 site. It will take
      you a day or two of reading. Print out the flowcharts and the HET
      assembly code for the UART and go line for line and try to understand
      what is going on.

      A couple of things:
      * note that each HET ram "word" is 96 bytes and has several fields,
      probably the two most confusing are the "remote" (which is basically
      associated with the data that the next line that the HET will go to)
      and that there is a data area in each "word" that can be used much
      like a variable.

      * Make sure you understand what a loop resolution time is, as well as
      how the two divide-by counters work to time this aspect of the HET
      processor

      * be patient, I am still learning the HET and it is a new way of
      thinking (at least to me) about a dedicated processor architecture,
      but it is very capable for the types of jobs it was designed to do,
      and I bet the transmit portion of the UART note will be particularly
      interesting to you.

      good luck!

      --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "hancicimen" <han@...> wrote:

      > I asked this question some time ago, but got no reply. I am
      > interested in TMS470, but I need quadrature encoder interface. I am
      > not familiar with HET, so if any body experienced reply my question, I
      > would be very gratefull.
      >
      > Regards,
      >

      > HAN

    • hancicimen
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
        Hi,

        Thanks for the answer. I think I should use external logic to decode
        quadrature encoder and use the HET for counting.

        Regards,

        HAN
      • tms470man
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2006
          I have a quadrature encoder for the HET. I will put it in the files
          section. In the next day or two. 470man