309Ответ: [TMS470_ARM] TM S470-P256 halt iss ues

  • Sergey Vasiljev
    Mar 11, 2014
      What do you want to do?
      Work in FORD autoradio?
      TMS470 ARM for J-TAG BDM?

      Hello,I am having issues with
      a TMS470-P256 (TMS470A256 ,
      specs http://bit.ly/1i4NiJG) with
      a TIAO USB multi protocol adapter (sometimes referred as
      TUMPA, see http://bit.ly/NRUP3k) on
      Windows 7 64 bit and openocd 7.0 (verified also on
      openocd-0.8.0-dev-131214220512, can post the cfg if useful).
      The dev board is powered  by USB. Gdb can
      connect just fine to the gdb port as long as it does not try
      to do anything meaningful.
      basically manage to command the board fairly well  but  as
      I can't halt the mcu. I tried in several ways,  but
       everything halt related just timeouts. I also managed to
      have IAR Workbench compile and link correctly the example
      application, but as I try to download and debug  it fails
      for the same reason.  I understand it could be related to
      the MSM of the mcu, so I made a few tries (see for
      example http://bit.ly/1irwdrJ) but
      as long as I try to access a memory location it says the
      target has to be stopped first. The reset onboard button
      doesn't help too...'pool' gives me a steady
      running target. Please
      note that I am not going to develop on the 470, it's
      just a dev board that happens to be around, but it would be
      great using it to learn without buying something else right
      now.What i briefly ask
      is:1) A
      different JTAG programmer would help?2) I am just
      not initing the MSM correctly? 3) Powering
      the board via the external connector could help?  I have
      several sp**.pdf files from TI abound tms470, including one
      about MSM, but how exactly I am supposed to init the msm on
      openocd is not really clear.4) Have you
      got a TMS470A256.cfg for openocd
      hanging around?5) Should the issue be on the
      jtag programmer, can you suggest a modest Jtag interface
      that works both with TMS470 and TMS320 (dev
      board TMX320-P28027 specifically) and works directly with
      IAR and CCS? Windows or Linux OS doesn't
      matter.
      Regards,