      From: gnuarm <gnuarm.2006@...>
      Subject: [TMS470_ARM] Re: JTAG Programming
      To: TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 9:30 AM

      JTAG devices have several modes of operation. One of them it to operate as if it were a single D-FF and ignore the data passing through. So the tool can disable all other devices in the chain and only control one device at a time. At least that is how it was explained to me. It has been a long time since I've looked at any JTAG documentation. That is where you should verify this. I believe this is called "bypass" mode.

      Rick

      --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogro ups.com, Rakesh Kumar <rakesh.kumar58@ ...> wrote:

      > i want to know what happens when we connect two TMS 470 micros in daisy chain..
      >
      > if we see the connection diagram, TDO of JTAG will be connected to TDI of micro 1 and TDO of micro 1 will be connected to TDI of micro 2 and TDO of micro will be connected to TDI of JTAG.
      >
      > we can program micro 1 or micro 2 using TMS470 flash tool..It is able to write to one micro at a time...
      >
      > whats happening inside...what is the procedure it is following... ??Anybody pl clarify...
      >
      > regards,

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic