      From: john <j_w_myers@...>
      To: TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:11:33 AM
      Subject: [TMS470_ARM] Re: Use J-link to download gcc compiled code?

      Swapping the ELF file might work for debugging (I haven't tried it
      yet).
      It looks like to actually program the flash you need IAR's debug
      output file [ .dxx ] and IAR's simple binary format [ .sim ] which
      allows you to use their flash loader to program the flash. The flash
      loader is a RAM resident program that downloads the code but to use
      IAR's I would need to convert the output from GCC to the two formats
      used by IAR.
      I haven't found any simple solutions yet. I think using the jlink-GDB
      server to download
      A flash loader to RAM would work but then I would either need to know
      the USB/JLINK interface or have the flash loader download from the
      UART. I haven't looked in to it yet but OpenOCD looks like it has
      potential since there is supposed to be a patch so the JLINK works
      with it.