141Re: [TMS470_ARM] Re: JTAG problems

  • harinarayanan s
    Jun 12, 2007
      Hello Joydeep,
      Thank you for your help, but i mailed the groups 8 to 9 months ago.
      I was able to sort out all the problems long ago and use the TMS470 microcontroller.
      And i also changed my microcontroller.
      And i'm using HJTAG only and am programming it through IAR with ease.
      Harinarayanan S

      On 6/12/07, Joydeep Biswas <joydeep_b@...> wrote:

      Regarding your problem:
      1. Can you detect the target using H-JTAG? I'm sure that at least the
      latest version of H-JTAG does indeed support the TMS470. When properly
      detected, the TMS470 will show up with the IDCODE 0x3100E02F
      (ARM7TDMI) in the main window of H-JTAG. If your H-JTAG is unable to
      detect the target, ensure that you've properly connected the jtag
      signals, including SRST (pin 2 of parallel port, inverted), and TRST
      (pin 6 of parallel port, not inverted). Generally DIY wiggler
      schematics omit one of the two reset signals. Also ensure that you've
      connected appropriate pull-ups/downs on the TMS470 board as stated in
      the datasheet.

      2. If you can detect the target, but IAR complains that it is unable
      to enter debug state, then chances are you've not done justice to the
      PORRST pin of the TMS470. A 10K pull-up from PORRST to 3.3V would do.

      3. If you can detect the target, and IAR can load the flashloader, but
      afterwards complains about a memory read/write error (unable to
      re-enter debug mode), or gives target inconsistency errors, you've not
      configured the memory map of the TMS470 correctly. If you're trying
      the example programs, ensure you've correctly setup the RAM / Flash
      settings. For RAM debugging (select from the dropdown list in the
      workspace window in IAR), do not use any flashloader, but use the
      appropriate setup macro file (project properties->debugger settings).
      If you've chosen FLASH debugging, use the default flashloader, but
      don't use any setup macro.

      --- In TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "harinarayanan s"
      <harinarayanan.33@...> wrote:
      > hi Partha
      > thank u for the help.
      > H-JTAG does not support Texas instruments TMS470 ICs.
      > I designed my own wiggler and TMS470 IC PCBs.
      > But connecting it to IAR tool for debugging is still not possible.
      > I dont know the reason for the error
      > The IAR states the processor is running and that it cannot go into debug
      > mode.
      > Can u suggest any possible errors.
      > Regards
      > Hari.
      > On 12/9/06, Partha Roy <baexps_pr1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Hari,
      > >
      > > I am using IAR Kickstart Edition with ARM-JTAG Parallel Port
      Wiggler from
      > > Olimex using H-JTAG Server without any problem.
      > >
      > > I don't know about ARM-USB-OCD Driver. May be if you can give me
      some more
      > > hints, I might try to simulate the same on my bench.
      > >
      > > Thank you.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Partha
      > >

      > > ------------------------------
      > > From: *"Harinarayanan" <harinarayanan.33@...>*
      > > To: *TMS470_ARM@yahoogroups.com*
      > > Subject: *[TMS470_ARM] JTAG problems*
      > > Date: *Fri, 08 Dec 2006 12:14:40 -0000*
      > >
      > > Hi
      > > Has anyone designed a PCB with TMS470 microcontroller.
      > > I have problems using IAR/OCD commander, to detect the device by
      > > making use of a wiggler.
      > > Please reply as soon as possible
      > > Regards
      > > Harinarayanan S

      > > Eat well and eat right. Get tips on nutrition from Naini
      Setalvad<http://g.msn.com/8HMBENIN/2731??PS=47575 >

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic