Re: [TMD700A] Re: Memory Set-Up

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <peter+yahoomail@...>

      > Yup. The left side covers Aircraft to 440, the right covers 144-1.2Gig,
      but
      > this is made more confusing because only one VFO can be tuned outside its
      > "home" band at a time. This means that if you decide to do APRS on the
      right
      > side using 2m, you won't be able to use the left side to do voice on 70cm.

      Now I'm really confused. I know I read about this
      here a while back but, you say that the left side
      covers Air to 440? How would be using 70cm
      on the left side be out of the "home" band?

      I guess the term home band is confusing me.

      Thanks.

      73, Todd KH2TJ
    • peter+yahoomail@duonet.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        The "home" band for the left side is 2m. The "home" band for the right side
        is 70cm. Set both to VFO mode and try tuning around.