Re: [TMD700A] Problems with my new radio

  • Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      I have never seen your call sign listed but from your email address
      it looks like you are in Brasil. I am not sure what the standard is
      in Brasil but power in North America is a nominal 120VAC/60Hz from
      the wall outlets. In much of the rest of the world it is 240VAC/50Hz.
      It almost sounds like you have a power supply rated for 240VAC
      plugged into a 120VAC outlet. It is one of the thinks I like about
      todays good quality switching power supplies, they adapt well to
      different input voltages. I have several Astron, Samlex, Duracom, and
      Radio Shack switching supplies that work great. You might want to
      check that your input voltage on the power supply matches what you
      get from the wall plug.

      Bruce, KQ4TV

    • Tom Workman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        I would first suspect that your power supply is the problem. Try connecting
        the radio to a car battery just as a test. If it works OK there then you'll
        know it's the AC power supply you're using.

        Tom