PM Memory locking up

  • wpj_bressette
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hey guys

      OK I have hand this D700 for almost 2 years.

      I just noticed lately that sometimes it acts wierd.

      I hit the PM button it brings up the menu, I select a PM or off and
      it just beeps. it doesn't allow me to change PM's after a while it
      eventually will. but it is very random.

      so I though lests do a PM reset, that worked for a while. until I
      programed my last PM. then it started again. With only 4 PM's saved
      I coulsd switch no problem, once I did the 5th the same thign
      started.

      I did notice how ever that if I am not using the TNC that I can
      switch Pm's no problem. Or is I am in aPM that I can;t get out of
      even to OFF, I can change the TNC to off and then change PM's no
      problem.

      wondering if I shoudl try the TNC reset procedure or just a full
      reset.

      Argh,

      '73
      William
      VE3WPJ
    • A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        Mine does this too, but not very often. I think it may be that it
        won't switch to a different PM when the TNC is actively receiving data
        but I'm not 100% sure about that.

        What I do is what for a "clear air" moment when the APRS receiver is
        quiet. It seems to work fine when I do it that way.

        --
        A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
        http://www.aj3u.com