Using sub-band for data

  • Karl G6ODT
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2000
      Can anybody confirm if this feature as described in the
      TM-V7E manual applies to the TM-D700 ?

      The TM-V7E manual says :-

      Activating Data TX/RX Band
      ------------------------------
      "If you prefer, you can send or receive data using a RX-Only
      band where PTT is invisible. The Band with PTT is used for
      voice communication."

      I take this to mean that the Sub-band will operate on both TX/RX
      for data and still give you normal operation for voice on the Main-Band.

      Now as I beleive the TM-D700 is based on the TM-V7 can you do the
      above ?

      I'm still waiting to hear when the UK suppliers get their stock of the TM-D700.
      I know of 2 who have them on order but as of yet no stock.

      73 Karl G6ODT
      g6odt@...
      http://members.tripod.com/~g6odt/packet.html
      http://backdoor.to/g6odt