Re: disabling the GPS at front panel

  • Dave Rivenburg
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
      Ah, yes. After logging some raw aprs data I found that the trusty
      D700 was merely replying to an ?APRS? query that a local ham sends
      out, at "random" intervals no less.

      According the chapter 15 of the aprs spec, ?POS? is not a valid query,
      and my D700 does not respond to it. However, it does respond to:

      :AD5OO-1 :?APRSP

      which is a directed station position query. In fact, it responds to
      most of the queries that seem relevant. So it looks like the folks at
      Kenwood have done a good job implementing the complete aprs spec, or
      as much of it as made sense given its role and capabilities.

      73

      AD5OO