Remote Control: Frequency Selection

  • ralphmilnes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      I did a search of the archives but didn't see any thing on this ..

      I'm trying to use the D700 remote control function, controlling it
      with my D7A. I want to be able to change frequency, but I can't get
      it to work.

      The instructions in both the D700 (p. 74 of the Manual) and the D7A
      (p.82 of its manual) both say that, to change the frequency, press:

      VFO ->ENT--> 0-9 (enter necessary digits)->ENT

      I've tried both the normal VFO key and the VFO key in the control
      operation chart in the manual (#8), but that doesn't work.

      Anyone tried this and found an answer?

      Ralph KC2RLM
      Chatham NJ
    • Richard Hughes
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        There are a lot of things you have to do to set up both the D700 and the D7
        for remote control operation. For example, do you have the secret code set
        on both radios? Does MOBILE CTRL show up on the D7 screen? My only
        suggestion would be to go back over the instructions and follow them
        step-by-step to make sure you haven't left out a step.

        Dick - W6CCD

        I did a search of the archives but didn't see any thing on this ..

        I'm trying to use the D700 remote control function, controlling it
        with my D7A. I want to be able to change frequency, but I can't get
        it to work.

        The instructions in both the D700 (p. 74 of the Manual) and the D7A
        (p.82 of its manual) both say that, to change the frequency, press:

        VFO ->ENT--> 0-9 (enter necessary digits)->ENT

        I've tried both the normal VFO key and the VFO key in the control
        operation chart in the manual (#8), but that doesn't work.

        Anyone tried this and found an answer?

        Ralph KC2RLM
        Chatham NJ

        Community email addresses: