D700/F6a

  • n4byu
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
      I have set up my F6 and saved it as a file. Can I convert that to the
      D700? I hate to retype 100+ memories.
      I am using the Kenwood software.
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
        The record formats are different. The files that the MCP programs
        use also load other functions besides the frequency memories that
        you want and as a result are different from model to model. I have
        a G71, TM-D700 and a TS2000 and have different files for all of them
        even tho most of the memory channels are the same.
        So I guess you will have to re-type them.

        --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "n4byu" <n4byu@a...> wrote:
        > I have set up my F6 and saved it as a file. Can I convert that to
        the
        > D700? I hate to retype 100+ memories.
        > I am using the Kenwood software.
      • Mike Jenkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
          I was able to open both files using two instances of NOTEPAD. I
          copied the entries from the F6 file and pasted them into the D700
          file. I then adjusted several columns to make the D700 file match
          existing entries in the 700 file. You need to look at some D700
          file entries that you recognize (for example the repeater) and make
          sure you change the pasted F6 entries to match this.

          Renumber the entries after you paste them. This process is possible
          although tedious. It is much faster than retyping everything.

          MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP BOTH FILES BEFORE YOU START.

          --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "n4byu" <n4byu@a...> wrote:
          > I have set up my F6 and saved it as a file. Can I convert that to
          the
          > D700? I hate to retype 100+ memories.
          > I am using the Kenwood software.
        • Dennis Griffin
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
            On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 01:05 PM, Mike Jenkins wrote:

            > I was able to open both files using two instances of NOTEPAD.

            clip

            > --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "n4byu" <n4byu@a...> wrote:
            > > I have set up my F6 and saved it as a file.  Can I convert that to
            > the
            > > D700?  I hate to retype 100+ memories.
            > > I am using the Kenwood software.

            Link700 does this - look here. http://www.wa3hrl.com/link700/

            73 de Dennis KD7CAC
            Scottsdale, AZ

          • Roy Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
              Thanks, I thought so and have already retyped them. I forgot the F6 has
              400 mems. and the D700 only 200. O well.
              Roy
              N4BYU