Re: on new radio menu key has quit working

  • kd5jft
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      > --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "kd5dzo" <kd5dzo@y...> wrote:
      >snip-> It briefly switches over to menu mode but then goes back to
      the vfo or mr mode. Also most of the time it will not transmit.
      When it does decide to transmit it will not stop untill I turn the
      radio off. I listened to the transmited signal with another radio,
      and it apparently is transmitng a tone. The radio recieves just
      fine.
      >unsnip->

      I had the identical problem with my radio. I finally got around to
      fixing it. I took the radio apart (it was out of warranty) and when
      I couldn't find anything amiss, I just used compressed air and blew
      out all of the dust and gremlins. I put it back together and it
      works great. The gremlin jumped from the radio to my oven and my
      oven guit working so I had to delay any more radio purchases and get
      a new oven...I still don't have a better explaination as to what
      happened besides gremlins.

      Craig Vowel
      kd5jft