Garmin GPS 176C update

  • Larry Winward (N2IFP)
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2001
      I don't know if anyone is aware, but the Garmin GPS-176C now receives waypoints from the D700. There is an update on Garmin's web site, dated 10/11/01 v2.04. This update adds an advanced NEMA menu that now allows NEMA in. In a matter of minutes, APRS stations started popping up on screen. The only station that won't display is the ISS (for obvious reasons), but it will show up in the waypoint list. If there some who are looking for a large screen GPS unit in which one is able to see the waypoint info, this is it! The GPS-176 monochrome or the GPS-176C color has a 4 inch diagonal screen. Note; So far I have not seen any icons displayed yet.

      To get to the advanced NEMA menu, go to the setup menu, then go to communications and hit menu again. Select on for everything, except for Garmin Proprietary.

      BTW, it will hold up to 3,000 waypoints.

      73, Larry, N2IFP

    • William Dennis
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
        Hay tmd700a Group !
        I no longer want to be a member ! Because of the non
        tmd700 that , I'm getting on top of that other thing's
        so remove me at once until your group gets its act in
        line !
        --- "Larry Winward (N2IFP)" <n2ifp@...> wrote:
        > I don't know if anyone is aware, but the Garmin
        > GPS-176C now receives waypoints from the D700. There
        > is an update on Garmin's web site, dated 10/11/01
        > v2.04. This update adds an advanced NEMA menu that
        > now allows NEMA in. In a matter of minutes, APRS
        > stations started popping up on screen. The only
        > station that won't display is the ISS (for obvious
        > reasons), but it will show up in the waypoint list.
        > If there some who are looking for a large screen GPS
        > unit in which one is able to see the waypoint info,
        > this is it! The GPS-176 monochrome or the GPS-176C
        > color has a 4 inch diagonal screen. Note; So far I
        > have not seen any icons displayed yet.
        >
        > To get to the advanced NEMA menu, go to the setup
        > menu, then go to communications and hit menu again.
        > Select on for everything, except for Garmin
        > Proprietary.
        >
        > BTW, it will hold up to 3,000 waypoints.
        >
        > 73, Larry, N2IFP

        =====
        Mr Bill

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
          On 12/4/01 1:55 PM, "William Dennis" <shadow194591@...> wrote:

          > Hay tmd700a Group !
          > I no longer want to be a member ! Because of the non
          > tmd700 that , I'm getting on top of that other thing's
          > so remove me at once until your group gets its act in
          > line !

          Bye
        • kc4kgu@enterzone.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
            Hey William,

            Remove thyself. You received an email when you joined the list telling
            you how to do so. If that wasn't enough, check this out.... It's at the
            bottom of EVERY email from the list:

            > Do You Yahoo!?
            > http://shopping.yahoo.com
            >
            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
            > Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com

            73 de John (kc4kgu)

            On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, William Dennis wrote:

            > Hay tmd700a Group !
            > I no longer want to be a member ! Because of the non
            > tmd700 that , I'm getting on top of that other thing's
            > so remove me at once until your group gets its act in
            > line !
            > --- "Larry Winward (N2IFP)" <n2ifp@...> wrote:
            > > I don't know if anyone is aware, but the Garmin
            > > GPS-176C now receives waypoints from the D700. There
            > > is an update on Garmin's web site, dated 10/11/01
            > > v2.04. This update adds an advanced NEMA menu that
            > > now allows NEMA in. In a matter of minutes, APRS
            > > stations started popping up on screen. The only
            > > station that won't display is the ISS (for obvious
            > > reasons), but it will show up in the waypoint list.
            > > If there some who are looking for a large screen GPS
            > > unit in which one is able to see the waypoint info,
            > > this is it! The GPS-176 monochrome or the GPS-176C
            > > color has a 4 inch diagonal screen. Note; So far I
            > > have not seen any icons displayed yet.
            > >
            > > To get to the advanced NEMA menu, go to the setup
            > > menu, then go to communications and hit menu again.
            > > Select on for everything, except for Garmin
            > > Proprietary.
            > >
            > > BTW, it will hold up to 3,000 waypoints.
            > >
            > > 73, Larry, N2IFP
            > >

            > =====
            > Mr Bill

            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.onelist.com/community/TMD700A

          • Eric J Foster
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
              ? Sounds like he has a thing for that thingy that's going aoround this
              thing. You know, THAT thing. The thing over there, beside the other
              thing..... Just below the other thing!

              William Dennis wrote:

              > Hay tmd700a Group !
              > I no longer want to be a member ! Because of the non
              > tmd700 that , I'm getting on top of that other thing's
              > so remove me at once until your group gets its act in
              > line !
              > --- "Larry Winward (N2IFP)" <n2ifp@...> wrote:
              > > I don't know if anyone is aware, but the Garmin
              > > GPS-176C now receives waypoints from the D700. There
              > > is an update on Garmin's web site, dated 10/11/01
              > > v2.04. This update adds an advanced NEMA menu that
              > > now allows NEMA in. In a matter of minutes, APRS
              > > stations started popping up on screen. The only
              > > station that won't display is the ISS (for obvious
              > > reasons), but it will show up in the waypoint list.
              > > If there some who are looking for a large screen GPS
              > > unit in which one is able to see the waypoint info,
              > > this is it! The GPS-176 monochrome or the GPS-176C
              > > color has a 4 inch diagonal screen. Note; So far I
              > > have not seen any icons displayed yet.
              > >
              > > To get to the advanced NEMA menu, go to the setup
              > > menu, then go to communications and hit menu again.
              > > Select on for everything, except for Garmin
              > > Proprietary.
              > >
              > > BTW, it will hold up to 3,000 waypoints.
              > >
              > > 73, Larry, N2IFP

              Ban Tree-Huggers, too much bullshit is bad for our rivers and lakes!
              http://map.findu.com/ke1lb-9