Re: Question on Tones

  • noskosteve
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5 8:33 AM
      Mike,

      Unfortunately, no.

      A single memory location can indeed store one parameter for the Tx "Tone" frequency and a second parameter for the "CT" frequency. Then there is a parameter that sets whether it is in the "T" or "CT" mode.
      HOWEVER, when in CT mode the CT (Rx) frequency is used for both the Transmit Tone frequency and the Receive squelch frequency.
      Setting aside two memories is the only way to get the effect you need.

      If you have Excel 97 or later, on my site (below) I have a workbook that is very user friendly, that programs the D700 memories as well as other stuff. You will also see the two frequencies held in each memory, but in CT mode, the Receive one is used also for the transmit Tone.

      Shame on Kenwood.

      Sent from my KnightKit Crystal Set.
      --
      73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

      I served during the cold war, so you can continue to be served a cold one.

      Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
      http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
      Click the APRS Beginner INFO link under Contact

      Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
      Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
      All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em...
      For:
      TM-D700 | TH-F6A & F7 | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
      All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
      NOT D710|Also Kenwood.fx Files|TS-480 in Beta|

      Laser Light show concepts coming in 2013.

      Home Page:
      http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/