Dead Head on D700A

  • miles sr.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
      Is there a fuse in the control head and where is it. I have two d700 one a bad head both units work with the one good head. Any help would be appreciated.
    • DALE
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
        Check the files section of this list. ( F-902 location)
        dale

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2012
          As I understand it, he has 2 control heads, one working and one not. If F902 were blown, I would think neither head would work.
        • noskosteve
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2012
            The Schematic shows no Fuse in the Panel Unit. There is a reverse polarity protection (series) diode going directly to a 5 volt regulator (with reset). My paper Service Manual is the same as Page 64 in the on-line manual from: http://radioamateur.eu/.
            It may also be in the Files Area. If I check now, my email gets blown away.
            --
            73, Steve, K9DCI

            --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "miles sr." <msilk_98@...> wrote:

            > Is there a fuse in the control head and where is it. I have two d700 one a bad head both units work with the one good head. Any help would be appreciated.

          • miles silk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2012
              thank you i will see if I can get the service manual the one I have has on pc board lay out or schematics just the service tuning procedural.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2012
                This has the same rev# as the one I bought and should do it for you:

                http://www.radiomanual.eu/schemi/Kenwood_TM-D700_serv.pdf

                --
                73, Steve, K9DCI
                Darn spelling...

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2012
                  Thanks to all now to start tracing the power.