Side B 144 mhz signal lose when listening to 220 mhz side A

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
      Hi again Danny, this is odd. Just for giggles do a "PM RESET" (NOTE: do NOT do a FULL or VFO RESET). Then check to see if the issue is still there, I cannot reproduce your problem on my radio.

      Ron Pariseau - K1VSC

      CT ARES ASSISTANT SECTION EMERGENCY COORDINATOR - ESF-6 and HOSPITAL SUPPORT

      Certified ARRL VE/Instructor
      Certified IS-100,120,200,300,317,400,700,800, HSEEP Training and Exercise, NE MRC, NE CERT Communciations Advisor, CERT Search and Rescue, Crisis and Emergency Risk Communications, American Red Cross Communications, NWS SKYWARN

    • RichardA
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
        I haven't verified this, but could the problem be that both freqs are sub-bands?

        Page 90 of the manual states that Band A is VHF and Band B is UHF and page 17 states that you cannot recall a UHF sub-band on Band A and a VHF sub-band on Band B at the same time.

        Or, since 144 and 220 MHz are both VHF, they probably use the same VHF RF path through the radio.

        When a signal is received on one, the other is silenced. I know this happens when both Bands are on 2m... APRS Tx on Band A will silence Rx on Band B.

        73 de Rich N3WWN

        --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, Ron <k1vsc@...> wrote:

        > Hi again Danny, this is odd. Just for giggles do a "PM RESET" (NOTE: do NOT do a FULL or VFO RESET). Then check to see if the issue is still there, I cannot reproduce your problem on my radio.
        >
        > Ron Pariseau - K1VSC
        >
        > CT ARES ASSISTANT SECTION EMERGENCY COORDINATOR - ESF-6 and HOSPITAL SUPPORT
        >
        > Certified ARRL VE/Instructor
        > Certified IS-100,120,200,300,317,400,700,800, HSEEP Training and Exercise, NE MRC, NE CERT Communciations Advisor, CERT Search and Rescue, Crisis and Emergency Risk Communications, American Red Cross Communications, NWS SKYWARN

      • Charles Blackburn
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
          I don’t know about that, there’s nothing on 220 around here, but I can
          transmit/rx 2m on both sides of the rig as I have aprs on vfo a and then use
          vfo b for everything else, 2 and 440.

          charlie
          ai4ri
        • Tim Hardy AF1G

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
              Hi Charlie!

              That's exactly what I do, too, but when APRS transmits on Band A, receive on Band B is muted (at least 2m Rx).

              73 de Rich N3WWN

              --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Blackburn" <ai4ri@...> wrote:

              > I don’t know about that, there’s nothing on 220 around here, but I can
              > transmit/rx 2m on both sides of the rig as I have aprs on vfo a and then use
              > vfo b for everything else, 2 and 440.
              >
              > charlie
              > ai4ri

            • Charles Blackburn
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
                it will do, it’s not a full duplex rig.

                charlie
                ai4ri
              • RichardA
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
                  Precisely my point! :)

                  From what I understood, the OP's issue was Band B @ 144 MHz losing signal when Band A receives a 220 Mhz signal.

                  73 de Rich N3WWN

                  --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Blackburn" <ai4ri@...> wrote:

                  > it will do, it’s not a full duplex rig.
                  >
                  > charlie
                  > ai4ri

                • Danny Pease
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2011
                    My A band was set for a 220 frequency, but was not receiving a signal on
                    that band (squelched) when the 2 meter repeater I was monitoring on the B
                    band of the radio was active with a very low signal strength indication.
                    This happened multiple times over the course of several hours. Once I set
                    the A band back to 2 meters, everything was back to normal. I have not tried
                    this again as I never heard any activity on 220. (the closest 220 repeater
                    is almost 60 miles away and I have no dedicated 220 FM antenna).

                    I will set it up again and see what happens.

                    Danny NG9R

                    --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com> , Ron
                    <k1vsc@...> wrote:

                    > Hi again Danny, this is odd. Just for giggles do a "PM RESET" (NOTE: do
                    NOT do a FULL or VFO RESET). Then check to see if the issue is still there,
                    I cannot reproduce your problem on my radio.

                    > Ron Pariseau - K1VSC
                    >
                    > CT ARES ASSISTANT SECTION EMERGENCY COORDINATOR - ESF-6 and HOSPITAL
                    SUPPORT

                    > Certified ARRL VE/Instructor
                    > Certified IS-100,120,200,300,317,400,700,800, HSEEP Training and Exercise,
                    NE MRC, NE CERT Communciations Advisor, CERT Search and Rescue, Crisis and
                    Emergency Risk Communications, American Red Cross Communications, NWS
                    SKYWARN

                    _____

                    No virus found in this message.

                  • noskosteve
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 3, 2011
                      I noticed this some time ago. Not only when receiving the 220 signal, but continuously.
                      "When Rx A is on 222, Rx B 2M sensitivity drops."

                      It is noted in my reference in the Files area:
                      TM-D700 Mic & INFO 2-7 K9DCI.pdf

                      A 2-page summary of mic functions, frequency band info & other things oft forgotten. PDF format

                      --
                      73, Steve, K9DCI