Re: Stuck in RESET

  • ve7mmg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
      On the batt I have 12.31V then I went to a PS with 13.7V with the same results.

      Mike

      --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, Joe Pistritto <jcp@...> wrote:

      > Check your voltage going into the radio?
      > -jcp-
      >
      > ve7mmg wrote:
      > > Radio was stuck in "Opening TNC"
      > >
      > > Did a reset via the menu,
      > >
      > > Now at power up with (PWR) button I get the message
      > > RESETTING!
      > > WAIT A MOMENT
      > >
      > > I get this message for 30 seconds the the screen turns off but the fan keeps turning
      > >
      > > Any recommendations?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Mike
      > > VE7MMG

      > > Shortcut URL to this page:

    • Steve Hays
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
        This happened to mine once......I had to push the reset button on the main
        body.....then drag it into the house so I could reprogram it.
        73,
        Steve

        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM, ve7mmg <ve7mmg@...> wrote:

        > On the batt I have 12.31V then I went to a PS with 13.7V with the same
        > results.
        >
        > Mike
        >
        > --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com <TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>, Joe Pistritto
        > <jcp@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Check your voltage going into the radio?
        > > -jcp-
        > >
        > > ve7mmg wrote:
        > > > Radio was stuck in "Opening TNC"
        > > >
        > > > Did a reset via the menu,
        > > >
        > > > Now at power up with (PWR) button I get the message
        > > > RESETTING!
        > > > WAIT A MOMENT
        > > >
        > > > I get this message for 30 seconds the the screen turns off but the fan
        > keeps turning
        > > >
        > > > Any recommendations?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > >
        > > > Mike
        > > > VE7MMG

        > > > Shortcut URL to this page:

        President of Cedar Creek Amateur Radio Society:
        http://groups.google.com/group/ccars?pli=1

        The Cedar Creek Amateur Radio Society's Emergency and Training Net is held
        every Sunday Night at 7:30PM on 444.325 PL 173.8

        Where am I? http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?kc0rey-1

      • ve7mmg
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
          Thanks,

          After 20 or so reset with the front button I decided to open the unit up and notice the voice module was disconnected, after reconnecting it I powered it up and did a reset with the front button and it worked.

          Connected the laptop to it and reprogrammed it.

          All is OK now.

          Thanks,

          Mike

          --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, Steve Hays <kc0rey@...> wrote:

          > This happened to mine once......I had to push the reset button on the main
          > body.....then drag it into the house so I could reprogram it.
          > 73,
          > Steve
          >
          > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM, ve7mmg <ve7mmg@...> wrote:
          >

          > > On the batt I have 12.31V then I went to a PS with 13.7V with the same
          > > results.
          > >
          > > Mike
          > >
          > > --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com <TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>, Joe Pistritto
          > > <jcp@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Check your voltage going into the radio?
          > > > -jcp-

          > > keeps turning

          > --
          > President of Cedar Creek Amateur Radio Society:
          > http://groups.google.com/group/ccars?pli=1
          >
          > The Cedar Creek Amateur Radio Society's Emergency and Training Net is held
          > every Sunday Night at 7:30PM on 444.325 PL 173.8
          >
          > Where am I? http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?kc0rey-1

        • Michael Champion
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2009
            Hmm maybe we need tape on this module or another way to secure it. Good
            find.

            --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            Steve Hays <kc0rey@...> wrote:

            > This happened to mine once......I had to push the reset button on the
            main
            > body.....then drag it into the house so I could reprogram it.
            > 73,
            > Steve
            >
            > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM, ve7mmg <ve7mmg@...> wrote:
            >

            > > On the batt I have 12.31V then I went to a PS with 13.7V with the
            same
            > > results.
            > >
            > > Mike
            > >
            > > --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>
            <TMD700A%40yahoogroups.com>, Joe Pistritto
            > > <jcp@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Check your voltage going into the radio?
            > > > -jcp-

            > > keeps turning

            <mailto:TMD700A-unsubscribe%40onelist.com>
            <TMD700A-unsubscribe%40onelist.com>
            <mailto:TMD700A-owner%40onelist.com> <TMD700A-owner%40onelist.com>