Re: [TMD700A] Digest Number 311

  • Michael Disher
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
      Anyone have any experience or suggestions for mounting the d700 in a 98 gmc jimmy? considering a purchase, and the vehicle is immaculate, but having trouble visioning how to mount the radio and/or more importantly, the display!!
      73
      W0MRD

      Michael R. Disher
      Information Systems Director
      http://www.co.morrison.mn.us/wsite/infosystems/information_systems.htm
      Morrison County

      "Serving you...bit by bit!"
    • lgoriss@attglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
        Mike,

        Not familiar with what the GMC looks like but for suggestions take
        a look at http://www.revolvdesign.com/producthome.html or
        http://www.w9iix.com for starters. I have an ICOM 706 in my Toyota
        Tacoma with the unit under the seat and faceplate in a cellfone
        pedestal mount mounted on the floor between the seat and shift
        console. One of my buddies has a Chevy Suburban and fabricated a
        housing for his TNC and small 2 bander radio on the front of the
        console. Hope this helps.........73's Leo

        --- In TMD700A@y..., "Michael Disher" <miked@c...> wrote:
        > Anyone have any experience or suggestions for mounting the d700 in
        98 gmc jimmy? considering a purchase, and the vehicle is immaculate,
        but having trouble visioning how to mount the radio and/or more
        importantly, the display!!
        > 73
        > W0MRD
        >

        > Michael R. Disher
        > Information Systems Director

        http://www.co.morrison.mn.us/wsite/infosystems/information_systems.htm
        > Morrison County
        >
        > "Serving you...bit by bit!"
        >

        > BEGIN:VCARD
        > VERSION:2.1
        > X-GWTYPE:USER
        > FN:Michael Disher
        > TEL;WORK:320-632-0129
        > ORG:;Information Systems
        > TEL;PREF;FAX:320-632-0139
        > EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:Miked@c...
        > N:Disher;Michael
        > TITLE:Information Systems Director
        > END:VCARD
      • steve wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
          Hi Michael,
          You can stick the base part of the Kenwood almost
          anywhere, I have a Dash Mat on the dash as a cover and
          use the mounting kit that comes with the radio sitting
          right there on the dash with just VELCRO.
          It has stayed there for many thousands of miles and
          there is a quick release on the back of the head for
          those "High Crime Areas"! So that you can stick it in
          a console....
          73s
          Steve, KF6WAX

          --- Michael Disher <miked@...> wrote:
          > Anyone have any experience or suggestions for
          > mounting the d700 in a 98 gmc jimmy? considering a
          > purchase, and the vehicle is immaculate, but having
          > trouble visioning how to mount the radio and/or more
          > importantly, the display!!
          > 73
          > W0MRD
          >

          > Michael R. Disher
          > Information Systems Director

          http://www.co.morrison.mn.us/wsite/infosystems/information_systems.htm
          > Morrison County
          >
          > "Serving you...bit by bit!"
          >
          > > BEGIN:VCARD
          > VERSION:2.1
          > X-GWTYPE:USER
          > FN:Michael Disher
          > TEL;WORK:320-632-0129
          > ORG:;Information Systems
          > TEL;PREF;FAX:320-632-0139
          > EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:Miked@...
          > N:Disher;Michael
          > TITLE:Information Systems Director
          > END:VCARD

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Mark Turner
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2001
            Michael said....
            > Anyone have any experience or suggestions for mounting the d700 in a 98
            gmc jimmy? considering a purchase, and the vehicle is immaculate, but
            having trouble visioning how to mount the radio and/or more importantly, the
            display!!

            Not sure about that vehicle, but I have my D700E mounted in the boot/trunk
            (with it's display back there too) and I use it just fine with the DTMF mic
            and voice synthesiser.

            Obviously there are some features you can't use without the display, but use
            for voice and as a scanner works fine for me.

            Cheers,

            Mark.
          • David Hendrickson
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2001
              I have my D700A mounted on the stand that comes with the D700. I use a big
              binder clip (you know the big black ones you use to clip big documents) and
              clip it to the overhang lip of the dash. I can move it to on my left side
              or right, whichever is comfortable. It require no holes, velcro, or sticky
              stuff and it hold it secure. I don't have a Jimmy, but you may consider
              this idea to see if it will work for you. It also makes it easy to remove
              and put in the trunk.

              Dave

              http://inbox.excite.com