VC-H1 video with your radio?

  • Joe Pistritto
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      I bought one of these, kind of on a lark.

      So... does anyone on the list here use one of these with the TMD-700A?
      (or i suppose the TH-D7 for which cables are included).

      If so, what do you do with it? In particular, if you dont have *two* of
      them, is it possible to decode the "picture" with any other program
      attached to a radio? (i've used programs to do that on HF before,
      through the sound card input from a computer).

      I'm wondeirng if the format it sends is compatable with any software out
      there? The manual mentions some modes (like Scottie S1 and S2 that i
      remember from HF SSTV). However if you have software you've used on the
      "recieving" end of this, what is it?

      Thanks
      -jcp-
    • JEFF RICHARDSON
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        You can decode it with plain old MMSSTV, downloaded free off the net.

        >From: Joe Pistritto <jcp@...>
        >To: TMD700A@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [TMD700A] VC-H1 video with your radio?
        >Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 08:37:51 -0700
        >
        >I bought one of these, kind of on a lark.
        >
        >So... does anyone on the list here use one of these with the TMD-700A?
        >(or i suppose the TH-D7 for which cables are included).
        >
        >If so, what do you do with it? In particular, if you dont have *two* of
        >them, is it possible to decode the "picture" with any other program
        >attached to a radio? (i've used programs to do that on HF before,
        >through the sound card input from a computer).
        >
        >I'm wondeirng if the format it sends is compatable with any software out
        >there? The manual mentions some modes (like Scottie S1 and S2 that i
        >remember from HF SSTV). However if you have software you've used on the
        >"recieving" end of this, what is it?
        >
        >Thanks
        > -jcp-

        >Shortcut URL to this page:

      • Antoine Cobb
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
          I have a couple of VC-H1s. I haven't played with them in a while, but
          if you are interested in experimenting with yours, feel free to email me
          directly.

          Antoine, NM0P

          --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, Joe Pistritto <jcp@...> wrote:

          > I bought one of these, kind of on a lark.
          >
          > So... does anyone on the list here use one of these with the TMD-700A?
          > (or i suppose the TH-D7 for which cables are included).
          >
          > If so, what do you do with it? In particular, if you dont have *two*
          of
          > them, is it possible to decode the "picture" with any other program
          > attached to a radio? (i've used programs to do that on HF before,
          > through the sound card input from a computer).
          >
          > I'm wondeirng if the format it sends is compatable with any software
          out
          > there? The manual mentions some modes (like Scottie S1 and S2 that i
          > remember from HF SSTV). However if you have software you've used on
          the
          > "recieving" end of this, what is it?
          >
          > Thanks
          > -jcp-

        • Benny D. Miller Jr.
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
            Antoine,

            I'm also interested in a VC-H1.

            Ben ARS W4QED

            Quod erat demonstrandum!

            That which was to be demonstrated!

            I have a couple of VC-H1s. I haven't played with them in a while, but
            if you are interested in experimenting with yours, feel free to email me
            directly.

            Antoine, NM0P

            --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, Joe Pistritto <jcp@...> wrote:

            > I bought one of these, kind of on a lark.
            >
            > So... does anyone on the list here use one of these with the TMD-700A?
            > (or i suppose the TH-D7 for which cables are included).
            >
            > If so, what do you do with it? In particular, if you dont have *two*
            of
            > them, is it possible to decode the "picture" with any other program
            > attached to a radio? (i've used programs to do that on HF before,
            > through the sound card input from a computer).
            >
            > I'm wondeirng if the format it sends is compatable with any software
            out
            > there? The manual mentions some modes (like Scottie S1 and S2 that i
            > remember from HF SSTV). However if you have software you've used on
            the
            > "recieving" end of this, what is it?
            >
            > Thanks
            > -jcp-

            Shortcut URL to this page:
          • Antoine Cobb
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
              So announcing that I have 2 VC-H1's has started a number of offers to
              purchase them. I've replied to a few off the email list, but let me
              also send this group note. I'm not looking to sell my VC-H1s. I
              actually peruse Ebay every so often looking to pick up another one.

              --- In TMD700A@yahoogroups.com, "Benny D. Miller Jr." <bmiller@...>
              wrote:

              > Antoine,
              >
              > I'm also interested in a VC-H1.