Radio "wine" : )

  • mfernand@twcny.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2001
      Greetings.

      I got reports of the same symtoms. I was using Band A primarily. I
      get no reports of it on Band B on UHF. So what's the trick or fix?
      I've read "beads". What are these? Are they loops of lead or ferrite
      in plastic? Does one need to loop the cord around this?

      Also, has anybody asked Kenwood? I saw the post regarding someone
      sending a radio in. Is Kenwood aware of this problem?

      A few thoughts.

      73
      N2ITR
      Manny
    • Marc D Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2001
        Mine used to do this, but I have not heard a report of it in a LONG
        time. All I did was add some ferite beads, but I am not sure if that was
        causing it or not. For that matter, I am not even sure if the problem is
        solved, or if I am just not getting any signal reports because the people I
        talk to are used to it.

        One thing is for sure, as much as I hate having a bad signal, I've given up
        on this one.

        Marc

        At 03:27 PM 7/3/01 -0400, you wrote:
        >Mine does this occasionally ... and I've done some experimenting.
        >
        >It seems that it only does it when I decelerate at higher speeds (40+).
        >Must be some electronics in the transmission or computer that does it.
        >
        >Since it's only noticable as something under my audio (therefore the radio
        >is perfectly useable) I've given up on trying to find it.
        >

        >.... Rick
        >

        >On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 mfernand@... wrote:
        >
        > > Greetings.
        > >
        > > I got reports of the same symtoms. I was using Band A primarily. I
        > > get no reports of it on Band B on UHF. So what's the trick or fix?
        > > I've read "beads". What are these? Are they loops of lead or ferrite
        > > in plastic? Does one need to loop the cord around this?
        > >
        > > Also, has anybody asked Kenwood? I saw the post regarding someone
        > > sending a radio in. Is Kenwood aware of this problem?
        > >
        > > A few thoughts.
        > >
        > > 73
        > > N2ITR
        > > Manny
        > >

        > > Community email addresses:
        > > Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
        > > Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com
        > >
        > > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > > http://www.onelist.com/community/TMD700A

        >Community email addresses:
        > Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
        > Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com
        >
        >Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.onelist.com/community/TMD700A

      • Rick Giguere
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2001
          Mine does this occasionally ... and I've done some experimenting.

          It seems that it only does it when I decelerate at higher speeds (40+).
          Must be some electronics in the transmission or computer that does it.

          Since it's only noticable as something under my audio (therefore the radio
          is perfectly useable) I've given up on trying to find it.

          .... Rick

          On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 mfernand@... wrote:

          > Greetings.
          >
          > I got reports of the same symtoms. I was using Band A primarily. I
          > get no reports of it on Band B on UHF. So what's the trick or fix?
          > I've read "beads". What are these? Are they loops of lead or ferrite
          > in plastic? Does one need to loop the cord around this?
          >
          > Also, has anybody asked Kenwood? I saw the post regarding someone
          > sending a radio in. Is Kenwood aware of this problem?
          >
          > A few thoughts.
          >
          > 73
          > N2ITR
          > Manny
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: TMD700A@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: TMD700A-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/TMD700A

        • fred_flowers
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2001
            If you have your GPS plugged into the radio, with the TNC off, that will cause a "wine".

            Fred KF4QZN