Mission Adventures in Vancouver - the best city in the World

  • richardisthecoolestguyinworld
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2010
      "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

      This is the theme from this year's Mission Adventures, to move forward and obey God, to trust Him and His promise wherever we go. We are fascinated how much God is working in our lives, how much he cares for us. This year has been so far the most incredible year in our lives, with sudden immigration to Canada, applying PR for me (Richard), living with parents (first year of marriage), Starting a DTS (Discipleship Training School) , loosing Heather's father in April, moving to Vancouver for two months for my outreach to work with YWAM Mission Adventure Staff.

      In our previous updates Heather has mentioned Mission Adventures, now we have finished the training part of the program and also hosted one team from Idaho, USA for 10 days. Our another Teammate Ali and Kristin hosted the teams and we supported them by arranging other logistics and timely breaks.

      Ten days of full excitement – we had so much fun with this team, we took them to temple tours (Mosque, Sikh Gurudwara and Budhist Temple), We had teams praying for Poverty in India especially street kids in Delhi with whom Heather and I worked with, Fusion Festivals of fun and community building in Richmond, Working with Salvation Army food line feeding 400+ homeless people in 45 minutes, Urban Plunge – a scavenger hunt in East side of Vancouver (lots of homeless people and drugs), talking and sharing lunch with a homeless, Free prayer stations – Pray for people on the streets of Commercial and Broadway etc etc.

      If you are interested to bring your youth to Vancouver this summer (there is a possibility) or next summer contact us.

      Richard

      PS: On June 28th, 2010 me and Heather celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Last year was full of crazy things, fist a sudden move to Canada due to visa laws change, then i started YWAM DTS, Heather's Father's death, move to Vancouver for 2 months for mission trip, etc etc.

      Keep us in your prayers
    • Courtney Yum
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2010
        Dear friends,

        thank you for the email and long to hear and talk toyou all. I am now in Philippines and enjoying myvacation in abeautifu beach doing snokering and try to learn a bitof diving.. the under sea world is awesome and God is really graciousto reward me with this experience.

        We haveavery special tour and willwrite to you morewhen I am home. Please pray for us for we are now facing somespiritual attack in the team too. The devil try to get hold of some of ourmembers minds and several of us were sick for few days.

        But still the time is really  enjoyable and can see the power of God is working and regiming in the earth. My faith is growing day by day  in experiencing how He works things out in our lives...

        oh.... Missing you... Loving you.

        Keep your and God Bless.

        Shalom.

        Courtney