dear all

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2008
      hey everyone...

      last msg i read was from Marieke and there she was sharing about her
      experience in Belgium and then i saw her pics on Facebook. yes people
      she is on facebook. so check her facebook. she was in Begium for some
      kind of camp for young people... Wooo hooo.. great... God bless you
      Marieke and you are always in our prayers.

      hey i recently finished my duties as a Coordinator for the Short term
      Global Exchange team from CWM...yes yes...it is a smaller version of
      TIM only for 3 tough months. half the time in Jamaica and carribean
      and half in India..includes North India Church of North India (delhi-
      my church my peeeps) , South india, Church of South India (chennai
      and kerala), and north east india, Presbyterian church of Inida
      (where reuben is ..actually we went to visit reuben's church)

      so it was a blessed time,,this trip also reminded me the troubles and
      hard time our coordinator went thru,,when we were participants.
      managing money, arranging everything, encouraging everyone,
      spiritually, mentally, physically and also how to deal with people
      who are always 30min late. Phew ( that was difficult - as i tend to
      loose cool if someone is late and not even sorry for being late and
      making everyone wait) and also we had a similar kind of situation
      where a participant went to their friends and relatives home alone
      without permission. and all the local pariticipants want to do their
      own things...issues within the group, try to build some group
      dynamics. encourage people to talk about their issues to each
      other...forgive and forget..and ask for forgivness..( yes yes--even
      i asked for forgivness as i have been hard on them so many times)

      but yeah i was always trying to think how do Humphry and rev. Sam
      would have dealt with this situation. hahaha..yeah more Humphry...

      and during the course of being with the team for 6 weeks. i got the
      chance to travle to South India , Chennai where tomeka went for her
      placement. and then to Karela ..this time in Hills so no beach but
      very beautiful. and then to Shillong where reuben's lives..amazing
      beautiful place..in chennai i got the chance to meet our Pink
      Bishop..surprisingly he wasn't wearing pink..but yes big Rings in his
      fingers and the same style he speak..amazing..

      and meeting reuben twice is also very good and we worked together for
      STGE. which was nice..i learnt so much from Reuben..like how to be
      full formal all the time..and how to say thanx to moderators and
      pastors....sadly during my stay his sister ( she is a nurse - so at
      least free medical treatment) fractured her ankle..but rest of his
      family is doing good. and also good news that i met reuben's new
      girl friend..and the final one 'THE ONE' they are planning to get
      engaged soon this year and next year Jan somethign Marriage..so
      looking forward to go there as well.

      rest is good. life is good and tough and full of grace..

      i am enjoying my life right now.

      people take care

      and share

      God bless
    • Courtney Yum
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2008
        Dear all,

        Oh... sorry for a long silence.....
        I am glad to share with you cos I had just got my new contract signed today, which mean I will work in the school for two more years. And this time, my role will change, from counselling work to teaching work. Thanks GOD that I am going to teach one class which is ethic minority students, most of them are from India, Pakistan, Nepal....... so I can practice my english and keep it up la....

        well, my summer time is not easy ar... works do not leave my desk and still I have to read all the teaching syllabus for the new school term on 8/9... oh.... what a big job...
        excited....

        I  want to attend Reuben wedding.... For I had changed my post as teaching staff, I can enjoy my holiday now. and my Christmas holiday start from 24/12 to 4/1. so I want to go to India by that time.

        Reuben, pls cfm the date for your BIG DATE, I may not able to catch up the wedding, but I really want to meet some of you guys there and see how your ministry is going on. You know, the REACH in India always remind me not to leave our mission behind and still I am waiting for the time to come.

        So, everybody, think about it, really long to meet you ar.... try to squeeze some time and save money la... me too, I am working on it...

        For your information, Andrew is now working in a supermarket which he doesn't like very much but I think he is quite puzzle for his direction, please pray for him. I think He needs much prayer and support, not to loose hope in his mission and faith in God. Also, pls pray for myself, for the new challenge at work and my study cos I will start a distance learning course in Sept.

        OHHHHH.....remember our TIM song.....

        um... which one is in your mind?????

        There is a race, I must run,
        There is victory to be won,