Re: [ Thor Fans ] Re: Partial Preview THOR #75...

  • Lundonj
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2004
      David wagered:
      > Any takers on whether they intend to whack the Real
      > Deal
      > and replace him with Magni?

      Hmmm.

      Well, yes, certainly plausible. However, the
      Thor-Girl thing didn't really boost sales.
      Thunderstrike started strong but faded. In the end,
      people who have read THOR want....the namesake and not
      Thunderdude sans all the mythologic elements.

      As Jurgens has faded out the "Thor-speak" and has
      primed the pump for a triumphant return of Jake as the
      needed "human" element to somehow balance Thor, I
      think that is the new angle.

      I don't agree with that conclusion, but my guess is a
      new Thor will be a shared being like Captain
      Marvel/Rick Jones. No more thees and thous and an
      earth based character...they'll bring back the 60
      second Mjolnir rule to keep Thor vulnerable. And I'm
      assuming this is the plan to make him more "relatable"
      to the shrinking audience?

      Hey, as long as they tell good stories, I'm on board.
      Just been a long damn time since they told me a fun
      Thor story.

      All that said, I wouldn't be shocked if Magni was
      involved in a new change...and he simply takes his
      fallen father's name. But, it wouldn't be terrible,
      since the kid at least acts like his dad USED to.

      For some of us, Thor has been dead already. If they
      make it official, it isn't a long fall for me.

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Lundonj
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1, 2004
        Huge Thor month is upon us. And really for me, a make
        or break month for Marvel across the board. In
        addition to many new THOR pages, a few new series,
        presumably paced quicker than the snooze button books
        the company has cranked out over the last year or so.

        First, THOR #75 is out this week. I hear the story
        actually moves along some this round. Really.

        THOR #76 is slated to follow a couple weeks later.

        Also, I'm pretty hopefull about THOR: Son of Asgard
        and the first two issues of this six issue mini-series
        will be out in March. Issue one due out March 10.

        ULTIMATES #13 with the Ulty Thor should finally see
        the light of day this month, since volume two of that
        series is supposed to start in April.

        JLA/AVENGERS #4 should be out this month, probably the
        last half of the month.

        While Thor isn't a part of the current Avengers
        lineup, I'm looking forward to AVENGERS v.
        THUNDERBOLTS, two issues of that this month. Lucky
        for the T-Bolts Thor is off in an alternate reality at
        the moment.

        In addition, a new IRON FIST, CAP&FALCON and SHE-HULK
        start up. Maybe a more down to earth Thanos with a
        new creative team.

        All this and more new CONAN from Dark Horse.

        Should be interesting, I hope it is....

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools