Re: [ Thor Fans ] In memorium. :)

  • Lundonj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
      In a message dated 07/29/2000 3:11:16 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
      drobbins@... writes:

      > But you know what?
      > Over in Usenet I recall Kurt Busiek expressing some, errrr,
      > disapproval of the scene. I don't know what it is with that guy and Thor's
      > level of 'invulnerability'.

      Kurt was unhappy for a couple reasons, one, he was being blamed for the gun
      shot as *his* idea, and it wasn't-- it was Christopher Priest's idea.
      Second, Kurt said the weapon was supposed to be a BAKG*, not a normal looking
      rifle with high powered rounds.

      > I noticed in the latest Previews a scene that torqued my jaw.
      > I sure hope they're NOT planning to off one of Thor's pards.
      > That would royally bite.

      The cover of THOR #29 frightens me, I hope anything is merely a temp setback
      for Thor's pals.

      -Don

      * = BAKG for non-Kirby fans= Big Ass Kirby Gun (you know, those giant weapons
      he drew all the time for bad guys taking on heroes?)