Re: Not a good site for Thorfans...

  • Tawmis
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2003
      > http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/antithor/

      My suggestion - sign their guestbook. But at all costs do not flame
      them (they live for that stuff). :) Just state reasons why ye like
      Thor. :D
    • Jeff Deal
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2003
        --- burgerbro2000 <burgerbro2000@...> wrote:
        > http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/antithor/

        I just checked this site out, the guy who did this
        has serious issues! I mean to go to all the trouble to
        make this site for a comic book character that you
        dislike? pretty weird.

        -Jeff

        http://search.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2003
          Jeff said,
          >>> I just checked this site out, the guy who did this
          >has serious issues!

          Can we all spell b-u-t-t-w-i-p-e?

          >>>I mean to go to all the trouble to
          >make this site for a comic book character that you
          >dislike? pretty weird.

          Notice it's been around a few years and some of his comments
          are based on older issues.

          There are other sites like this. There was an anti-Supes
          site once, and, incredibly, a site that ragged on
          Barney the Dinosaur.
          LOL
          David
        • burgerbro2000
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2003
            i as a doctor of psychology would diagnose this individual as an ego-
            distonic homosexual. quite simply he is a bigot and hates homosexuals
            but is also a homosexual himself. often times individuals who fall
            into this category outwardly will display overly aggressive hatred
            towards homosexuals which is compensating for their own feelings of
            inadequacy - meaning, his outward hatred of thor is based on his own
            inner hatred of himself. his constant abuse towards homosexuality
            and his attempts to transfix homosexuality onto thor seem to confirm
            this.

            very sad.

            --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "drobbins" <drobbins@c...> wrote:
            > Jeff said,
            > >has serious issues!
            >
            > Can we all spell b-u-t-t-w-i-p-e?

            > >make this site for a comic book character that you
            > >dislike? pretty weird.
            >
            > Notice it's been around a few years and some of his comments
            > are based on older issues.
            >
            > There are other sites like this. There was an anti-Supes
            > site once, and, incredibly, a site that ragged on
            > Barney the Dinosaur.
            > LOL
            > David
          • Tawmis
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2003
              > > http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/antithor/
              > I just checked this site out, the guy who did this
              > has serious issues! I mean to go to all the trouble to
              > make this site for a comic book character that you
              > dislike? pretty weird.

              LOL! Well, it's the same for those who make sites for heroes they
              like... but yeah, his site goes a tad over the edge of sanity... I
              mean I hate - and I mean REALLY hate Superman... but I don't think I
              have the time to do what he did... as a result I signed his guest
              book with some humor. :D
            • Jeff Deal
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                --- Tawmis <tyragon@...> wrote:
                > > > http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/antithor/
                > > I just checked this site out, the guy who did
                > this
                > > has serious issues! I mean to go to all the
                > trouble to
                > > make this site for a comic book character that you
                > > dislike? pretty weird.
                >
                > LOL! Well, it's the same for those who make sites
                > for heroes they
                > like...

                I think that there is a big difference in building a
                site for something that you love and get alot of
                enjoyment out of and this. I think that the Anti-Thor
                guy is mentally disturbed and the hypothetical
                pro-Thor guy is merely eccentric:) and I would say
                this about any hate site not just because it's Thor
                but if it were Supes or somebody really worthy of hate
                such as...uh can't think of any characters that I
                really hate hate, there are some that I don't like or
                am ambivalent about(most of the X-Men for example),
                but hate? I mean most characters can be good if
                written well. Ok, I've got to admit that if the site
                had been about Thor Girl I would have probably thouhgt
                it was hilarious but that doesn't count because
                ...well I mean come on!..Thor Girl.:)

                -Jeff

                http://search.yahoo.com
              • Hoang Thai
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                  --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "burgerbro2000" <burgerbro2000@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/antithor/

                  Ugh... he was talking about Thor as if he were Supes... geez...
                • Hoang Thai
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2003
                    --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Deal <jjdeal_99@y...> wrote:

                    > --- burgerbro2000 <burgerbro2000@y...> wrote:
                    > > http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/antithor/
                    > >

                    > I just checked this site out, the guy who did this
                    > has serious issues! I mean to go to all the trouble to
                    > make this site for a comic book character that you
                    > dislike? pretty weird.

                    Mebbe this is a marvel policy towards characters they don't like.
                    Hire some joe blows to pass around bad-press
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2003
                      Jeff mentioned,
                      >>> Ok, I've got to admit that if the site
                      >had been about Thor Girl I would have probably thouhgt
                      >it was hilarious but that doesn't count because
                      >...well I mean come on!..Thor Girl.:)

                      ROTFL
                      I am so there.
                      If I had the time, I'd do an 'anti-Thor Girl' site myself.