Re: [ Thor Fans ] Re: REVIEW: THOR 49: WAHOO! & WHAT THE BLEEP???

  • Lundonj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2002
      In a message dated 05/31/2002 9:06:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
      hyperforce@... writes:

      > Here's one... where did Mjolnir dissappear to? Not in a
      > single frame since when Asgard-Thor took back the "Thor-force"
      > from "Jake Olson".

      Hmm...that's a pretty good question, I wondered when I was looking at all the
      axe sequence stuff, hopefully they'll make some sense of it next week with
      the new issue.

    • tyragon
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2002
        > Hmm...that's a pretty good question, I wondered when I was looking
        at all the
        > axe sequence stuff, hopefully they'll make some sense of it next
        week with
        > the new issue.

        Does he still have that limit, where if he is without his hammer for
        60 seconds he turns mortal, or was that thrown out long ago?
      • drobbins@cpros.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 1, 2002
          >60 seconds he turns mortal

          He did up until the recent death of Odin.
          Whether that has had an effect, Jurgens hasn't made clear yet.

          What else is new.

          David
        • hyperforce2001
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 1, 2002
            --- In thorfans@y..., drobbins@c... wrote:
            > Rob said,
            > >single frame since when Asgard-Thor took back the "Thor-force"
            > >from "Jake Olson".
            >

            > It must be the new and improved 'invisible' Mjoly.
            >
            > Sigh
            > :)
            > David

            What if stripping Olson of the "Thor-power" was the
            straw that made him unworthy to wield Mjolnir?

            Because the only other "what if" I can think of is
            "what if Jurgens is getting so senile he forgot that
            Thor was, just panels before, carrying Asgard's most
            powerful weapon (as well as one of the MU's most
            powerful weapons)?"

            Nothing else I can think of makes sense.

            - Robert

            www.Hyperforce.com
          • hyperforce2001
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 1, 2002
              --- In thorfans@y..., Lundonj@a... wrote:
              > In a message dated 05/31/2002 9:06:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
              > hyperforce@h... writes:
              >

              > > Here's one... where did Mjolnir dissappear to? Not in a
              > > single frame since when Asgard-Thor took back the "Thor-force"
              > > from "Jake Olson".
              >
              > Hmm...that's a pretty good question, I wondered when I was looking
              at all the
              > axe sequence stuff, hopefully they'll make some sense of it next
              week with
              > the new issue.
              >
              > -Don

              Here's another question... why were there two Mjolnir's to
              begin with? I can understand the Thor-force being divided
              among two bodies (yet who those two are has yet to even
              be explained...) but the hammer? It is after all a physical
              object...

              More confused the more I think about it...

              - Robert
              www.Hyperforce.com

            • Richard Green
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 2, 2002
                You know, the funny was that in Thor 300 when Odin
                died, Thor's hammer stopped returning to him because
                that ability was an enchantment of Odin. But now, the
                writers are handling it differently as usual. I like
                the idea of Thor not having to rely of Big Daddy
                though.

                http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
              • drobbins@cpros.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 2, 2002
                  Robert said,
                  >straw that made him unworthy to wield Mjolnir?

                  OR

                  >"what if Jurgens is getting so senile he forgot that
                  >Thor was, just panels before, carrying Asgard's most
                  >powerful weapon (as well as one of the MU's most
                  >powerful weapons)?"

                  I go for Door Number Two. :)
                  Why?
                  Because there is no logical reason for Thor to need the Bloodaxe to dipose
                  of Desak. As you noted, Mjolnir is
                  one of the most powerful weapons in the MU.

                  Jurgens seems to have forgotten that little tidbit---and resorted once again
                  to his 'artifact' of the month contrivance to end a story.

                  David
                • drobbins@cpros.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 2, 2002
                    Robert brought up,
                    >>>Here's another question... why were there two Mjolnir's to
                    >begin with? I can understand the Thor-force being divided
                    >among two bodies (yet who those two are has yet to even
                    >be explained...) but the hammer? It is after all a physical
                    >object...

                    Good grief.
                    I didn't even catch this one.
                    And you know, it doesn't make any sense at all for there to be two hammers.
                    I thought the stupid mirror only did whatever it did to people?

                    You know, I'm beginning to think the only way to really enjoy Jurgens's
                    writing of late is to 'not' think about it. Just read the issue and forget
                    all the inconsistencies and glaring plot loopholes.

                    David
                  • hyperforce2001
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 2, 2002
                      --- In thorfans@y..., drobbins@c... wrote:
                      > Robert said,
                      > >straw that made him unworthy to wield Mjolnir?
                      > OR
                      > >"what if Jurgens is getting so senile he forgot that
                      > >Thor was, just panels before, carrying Asgard's most
                      > >powerful weapon (as well as one of the MU's most
                      > >powerful weapons)?"
                      >
                      > I go for Door Number Two. :)

                      Well then, let me make this a little more interesting...
                      isnt Jake Olson really Loki? If I remember the story this
                      link references (last paragraph), Odin trapped him in
                      Olson's body...

                      http://www.marvel.com/comics/bios/bio_thor.htm

                      Now, doesnt that make all of this even odder?

                      It is possible I missed a story development someplace
                      that ended that... I may have missed an issue or
                      two... some clarification (or if I am remembering it
                      correctly, som explanation) would be greatly
                      appreciated.

                      - Robert
                      www.Hyperforce.com
                    • drobbins@cpros.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 3, 2002
                        Robert said,
                        >>>Well then, let me make this a little more interesting...
                        >isnt Jake Olson really Loki? If I remember the story this
                        >link references (last paragraph), Odin trapped him in
                        >Olson's body...

                        This was resolved a while back. So, to the best of my knowledge, no, Loki
                        ain't Jake.

                        Of course, exactly who the bleep Jake is qualifies as a
                        whole 'nother story.

                      • tyragon
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 3, 2002
                          > As you noted, Mjolnir is one of the most powerful weapons in the MU.
                          > Jurgens seems to have forgotten that little tidbit---and resorted
                          once again
                          > to his 'artifact' of the month contrivance to end a story.

                          Bah... damn it... hate to say it... but I agree again.

                          To me, Thor is pretty much the top of power houses, and that includes
                          his weapon.

                          The few that I think are stronger than Thor are few... say like
                          Galactus... and those that can endure being hit by his hammer, even
                          less...
                        • drobbins@cpros.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 3, 2002
                            Leafy spilled his coffee admitting,
                            >>>Bah... damn it... hate to say it... but I agree again.
                            >To me, Thor is pretty much the top of power houses, and that includes
                            >his weapon.

                            It would at least be less glaring if Jurgens bothered to EXPLAIN why in
                            bleep Thor had to use the Bloodaxe instead of Mjolnir to take Desak down.
                            Was it something stupid like
                            'Desak can only be harmed by a weapon with a sharp edge'?
                            I mean, what other explanation is there?
                            'Desak can only be harmed by a weapon used for evil purposes'?
                            After all, anyone the Blookaxe can take down, Mjolnir sure as bleep should
                            be able to take down, too.

                            It's just so perplexing.
                            So now we add another to the long list Don has previously mentioned.

                            Oh, well.
                            You know, in a funny sort of way, I'm starting to look forward to each new
                            issue of the Real Deal just to see what amazing display of ineptitude
                            Jurgens will inflict on us next.