Mountains out of molehills.

  • drobbins@cpros.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Anyone seen the new PREVIEWS?

      I know better, but I couldn't resist taking a look at the blurb for THOR several months down the road, and I was a tad disconcerted by what I saw.

      They're billing it as a 'major' change in the status quo, something that will
      have repercussions for not only THOR, but all Marvel titles down the road.

      I'm still concerned they plan to replace the Real Deal with Thorgirl---but now something else has occurred to me.

      DJ got rid of Odin. Do you think it conceivable he might get rid of Asgard?
      Or at the least, Olympus?

      Before you scoff, bear in mind the story arc involves that new character he created,
      the 'god-slayer', and that some of the 'Reigning' scenes have shown Olympus
      devastated, and dead Asgardians.

      So if Marvel isn't just blowing hot air, and if #50 really does have a major impact on the status quo, not just in Thor but other titles, it has to be something along these lines. The deaths of, say, Sif or Balder, certainly wouldn't impact the other titles.
      But if Olympus and/or Asgard were wiped that, that certainly would.

      I know.
      It's all just speculation.
      But I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.