Poll results for thorfans

  • thorfans@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 1, 2002
      The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Who would win? Wolverine or Thor???

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Thor might be able to escape alive, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Wolverine would win, but spare Thor's life, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Wolverine would cut him in half, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Not only would Wolverine kill Thor, but Odin as well, 1 votes, 100.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thorfans

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • thorfans@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 19, 2002
        The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: THOR will have two numbers in April,
        one to represent the current volume and
        a second to show the total. What
        number best represents the total?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - #554= All JIMS, non-Thors, new series, 4 votes, 66.67%
        - #535=Last ish volume on, new series, 1 votes, 16.67%
        - #548=Includes Lost Gods, not last JIMs, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - #466=Thor solo books/Thor JIMs only, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - #33= Too confusing, second volume only!, 1 votes, 16.67%

        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
        - #554= All JIMS, non-Thors, new series
        - zespara@...
        - neil.scott@...
        - drobbins@...
        - marvelzombie@...
        - #535=Last ish volume on, new series
        - Lundonj@...
        - jonathanbass@...

        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 27, 2003
          The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: Should Thor continue to utilize the Old
          English speech patterns?

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - Yes! Thor is more noble sounding., 8 votes, 66.67%
          - No! It is called OLD English for a reason., 1 votes, 8.33%
          - Neither, just tone down the thee/thy stuff a bit., 3 votes, 25.00%

          INDIVIDUAL VOTES
          - Yes! Thor is more noble sounding.
          - burgerbro2000@...
          - mhutchison44@...
          - crashpad@...
          - Lundonj@...
          - neil.scott@...
          - lbell77@...
          - jonathanbass@...
          - dgroven@...
          - No! It is called OLD English for a reason.
          - scbm00@...
          - andrearotondo@...
          - sigurd@...

          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thorfans

          http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
        • Jeff Deal
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 28, 2003
            --- thorfans@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are
            > the
            > final results:
            >

            > POLL QUESTION: Should Thor continue to utilize the
            > Old
            > English speech patterns?

            oops! Meant to go back and take that poll and forgot.
            But for the record I would have voted Neither with a
            caviat; If a writer can pull off the fullblown
            neo-Shakespearean dialogue Then I'm all for it. but
            most writers can't make it work and we end up with
            Thor saying stuff thateth maketh him soundeth liketh
            he haseth a lithp :)

            -Jeffeth

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 29, 2003
              Jeff said,
              >>>If a writer can pull off the fullblown
              >neo-Shakespearean dialogue Then I'm all for it.

              I'd tend to agree except that
              IMHO it 'dates' Thor. It should be
              possible to give Thor a 'godly' style
              of speech without waxing Shakespearean---
              as was done in a recent Captain America.

              When Thor first started, way back when,
              he managed to do just fine without
              the Shakesearean dialect for YEARS.

              And as you note, few can pull it off.
              Stan was great at it.
              As he was at so much.

              But others have left a lot to be desired.

              David
            • Lundonj@aol.com
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 29, 2003
                In a message dated 06/29/2003 2:14:28 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
                drobbins@... writes:

                > >If a writer can pull off the fullblown
                > >neo-Shakespearean dialogue Then I'm all for it.
                >
                > I'd tend to agree except that
                > IMHO it 'dates' Thor. It should be
                > possible to give Thor a 'godly' style
                > of speech without waxing Shakespearean---
                > as was done in a recent Captain America.

                It's a tough call, sometimes, when written well, the old English style sets
                Thor apart a bit. Since, sometimes Silver Surfer and Namor go for
                the....nobility style speech patterns as well.

                As long as the God of Thunder talks in a manner fitting his station, as an
                aged, powerful being, I can handle it. I'm biased towards the Stan modified
                Shakespearean patterns, because that's pretty much the Thor I have always read,
                until I got some looks at the early issues.

              • drobbins04
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 29, 2003
                  Don said
                  >>>I'm biased towards the Stan modified
                  > Shakespearean patterns, because that's pretty much the Thor I have
                  always read, until I got some looks at the early issues.

                  I guess that's a drawback to being as ancient as I am. :)

                  Since I started reading with JIM 83, and the 'thee's'
                  and 'thou's' didn't show until years later, it's no
                  big deal for me to have him talk basically 'normal'.

                  Just so he's 'Thor'and not some
                  writer-induced bizarro imitation.

                • thorfans@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Oct 24, 2003
                    The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                    final results:

                    POLL QUESTION: What do Thor Fans think of Tarene, aka
                    Thor Girl?

                    CHOICES AND RESULTS
                    - Love her, she's awesome should have her own series!, 0 votes, 0.00%
                    - She's cool, should be more of a supporting player., 1 votes, 10.00%
                    - Tarene was cute, but she's getting old., 1 votes, 10.00%
                    - Dilutes the primary character, should have never picked up a hammer., 7 votes, 70.00%
                    - Who's Tarene?, 1 votes, 10.00%

                    INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                    - jacodv@...
                    - Tarene was cute, but she's getting old.
                    - dgroven@...
                    - Dilutes the primary character, should have never picked up a hammer.
                    - burgerbro2000@...
                    - drobbins@...
                    - zibbid@...
                    - mhutchison44@...
                    - crashpad@...
                    - mythrandyr@...
                    - Lundonj@...
                    - Who's Tarene?
                    - sigurd@...

                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 3 4:18 PM
                      The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                      final results:

                      POLL QUESTION: Thor has been portrayed several ways
                      visually during the title's long run.
                      Which is your favorite?

                      CHOICES AND RESULTS
                      - Ultimate Thor: traditional costume with belt of strength and discs that glow when Thor unleashes Mjolnir., 3 votes, 30.00%
                      - The Jack Kirby Thor: young, clean shaven, traditional costume., 4 votes, 40.00%
                      - The Uncle Walt Thor; battle armor and beard., 2 votes, 20.00%
                      - The Lord of Asgard Thor; beard, armor patterned slightly after traditional costume., 1 votes, 10.00%
                      - The Worldengine Thor: no shirt, no cape, bare chest and pants., 0 votes, 0.00%

                      INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                      - Ultimate Thor: traditional costume with belt of strength and discs that glow when Thor unleashes Mjolnir.
                      - webartist@...
                      - thundergod29@...
                      - drobbins@...
                      - The Jack Kirby Thor: young, clean shaven, traditional costume.
                      - jjdeal_99@...
                      - Lundonj@...
                      - JEROME34@...
                      - zibbid@...
                      - nikolalazetic@...

                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 11, 2004
                        The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                        final results:

                        POLL QUESTION: With the release of THE HULK, Marvel
                        has seven consecutive number movies
                        upon their release. Which is your
                        favorite?

                        CHOICES AND RESULTS
                        - Spider-Man, 4 votes, 66.67%
                        - Daredevil, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - Hulk, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - X-Men, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - X2, 2 votes, 33.33%
                        - Blade, 0 votes, 0.00%
                        - Blade II, 0 votes, 0.00%

                        INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                        - Spider-Man
                        - Lundonj@...
                        - sheridanengland@...
                        - burgerbro2000@...
                        - mythrandyr@...
                        - Daredevil
                        - Hulk
                        - X-Men
                        - X2
                        - drobbins@...
                        - justmeandpsylocke@...
                        - Blade
                        - Blade II

                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 22, 2004
                          The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                          final results:

                          POLL QUESTION: The long King of Asgard arc appears to
                          be nearing a conclusion, to what end
                          say you Thor Fans?

                          CHOICES AND RESULTS
                          - Restore Thor, 9 votes, 90.00%
                          - Replace Thor, 1 votes, 10.00%

                          INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                          - Restore Thor
                          - gypsyii69@...
                          - bigfoothunter371@...
                          - sheridanengland@...
                          - tyragon@...
                          - lundonj@...
                          - cosborn10@...
                          - gmedulla@...
                          - zibbid@...
                          - dbbromberg@...
                          - Replace Thor
                          - wam_jake72@...

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 30, 2004
                            The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                            final results:

                            POLL QUESTION: About two weeks until we learn Loki's
                            secret weapon in THOR, what lurks
                            behind the door?

                            CHOICES AND RESULTS
                            - Jormungand, 2 votes, 50.00%
                            - Destroyer, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Tarene/Designate, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Fenris, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Jake's Thor, 1 votes, 25.00%
                            - Beta Ray Bill, 1 votes, 25.00%
                            - Hela, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Durok, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Ymir, 0 votes, 0.00%
                            - Other!, 0 votes, 0.00%

                            INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                            - Jormungand
                            - lundonj@...
                            - wam_jake72@...
                            - Destroyer
                            - Tarene/Designate
                            - Fenris
                            - Jake's Thor
                            - gypsyii69@...
                            - Beta Ray Bill
                            - justmeandpsylocke@...
                            - Hela
                            - Durok
                            - Ymir
                            - Other!

                            Message 13 of 27 , Oct 29, 2004
                              The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                              final results:

                              POLL QUESTION: Prediction time again...what do you
                              think is Thor's fate in Avengers
                              Disassembled?

                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                              - Thor survives Ragnarok and joins Avengers!, 0 votes, 0.00%
                              - Thor falls with Asgard, relaunched later, 1 votes, 50.00%
                              - Thor survives, only to be left off Avengers team!, 1 votes, 50.00%

                              INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                              - j.vries173@...

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 20, 2005
                                The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                final results:

                                POLL QUESTION: With Thor on hiatus, things have slowed down, while we wait
                                should we...?

                                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                - Be patient, but stay focused on Thor stuff!, 4 votes, 40.00%
                                - Start a new message board for non-Thor comic talk., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                - Eh, just mark items off topic, but no new board., 2 votes, 20.00%
                                - Talk off topic all we want, just keep updated on Thor news., 4 votes, 40.00%

                                INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                - Be patient, but stay focused on Thor stuff!
                                - strappin_buck@...
                                - Cimmerian_Dragon@...
                                - gypsyii69@...
                                - tadeusz10@...
                                - pinni_ped@...
                                - Tyr.Anasazi@...
                                - thundergod29@...
                                - drobbins@...

                                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thorfans

                                http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
                              • Lundonj
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 21, 2005
                                  --- thorfans@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                  > POLL QUESTION: With Thor on hiatus, things have
                                  > slowed down, while we wait
                                  > should we...?
                                  >
                                  > CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                  > - Be patient, but stay focused on Thor stuff!, 4
                                  > votes, 40.00%
                                  > - Start a new message board for non-Thor comic
                                  > talk., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                  > - Eh, just mark items off topic, but no new board.,
                                  > 2 votes, 20.00%
                                  > - Talk off topic all we want, just keep updated on
                                  > Thor news., 4 votes, 40.00%

                                  No poll has ever garnered huge participation over the
                                  last six years, I think the record is 12 votes among
                                  our 129 members -- so, this one getting ten is decent
                                  'turnout'.

                                  And thus, no *new* message board, we'll just keep the
                                  torches lit until Marvel wakes up and gives Thor an
                                  ongoing title!

                                  I think the off-topic stuff has been reasonable and
                                  I've posted every tiny Thor related update or
                                  semi-appearance I can find (I mean, that little finned
                                  Thor-Girl appearance! that is pure desperation).

                                  So, we move forward!

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • thorfans@yahoogroups.com
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 25, 2006
                                    The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                    final results:

                                    POLL QUESTION: Ultimate Thor, is he or isn't he?

                                    CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                    - He is Thor, just setting up his foes!, 5 votes, 100.00%
                                    - He is sorta Thor, a defeated super soldier., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                    - Neither, just a poor deluded soul., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                    - Or other, i.e., a human infused with Thor's dormant powers., 0 votes, 0.00%

                                    INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                    - He is Thor, just setting up his foes!
                                    - edwardsampson@...
                                    - Tyr.Anasazi@...
                                    - lundonj@...
                                    - gypsyii69@...
                                    - drobbins@...

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Aug 15, 2006
                                      The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                      final results:

                                      POLL QUESTION: Until Marvel finally wises up and publishes an ongoing THOR series, we should do more of to keep the list zippin' along?

                                      CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                      - More David Retro Reviews!, 2 votes, 22.22%
                                      - More talk of other Thor/Norse related projects!, 3 votes, 33.33%
                                      - More Ultimate Thor talk!, 1 votes, 11.11%
                                      - Slightly off topic Marvel discussion, 1 votes, 11.11%
                                      - Eh, just talk comics, Thor will eventually return, 2 votes, 22.22%

                                    • riverskiedis@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Aug 15, 2006
                                        All this talk about the Ragnarok arc has got me wondering--what's everyone's favorite Thor yarns of all time?

                                        For example, if Marvel was going to publish a massive hardcover with remastered or redone coloring and top of the line graphic design work and you could select five to ten arcs for the book, what would you choose?

                                        Take it easy, JAMES

                                        "It is compassion rather than the principle of justice that will prevent us from being unjust to our fellow man."--Bruce Lee

                                      • Don
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Aug 15, 2006
                                          --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, riverskiedis@... wrote:

                                          > All this talk about the Ragnarok arc has got me wondering--what's
                                          everyone's favorite Thor yarns of all time?

                                          This was my posted Top Ten from fall of 2000, it may yet change, but
                                          I kind of like my old list:

                                          1. THOR #258- "If These Stars Be Made of Stone" By Len Wein and John
                                          Buscema

                                          Wait, I know what you're thinking, "WHAT?!" Every issue is someone's
                                          first adventure with a character that stands out among any book or
                                          comic you previously ever read. Superman, Spidey, Batman and then my
                                          pal hands me the comic that isn't any good to him without a cover. My
                                          Journey Into Mystery started with this book. Thor, Sif the Warriors
                                          Three sailing the stars on a quest are delayed in their journey by a
                                          foe who is dangerous to anyone as he can turn them to stone with the
                                          slightest touch, the Gray Gargoyle!

                                          2. THOR #380- "Mjolnir's Song" By Walt Simonson

                                          Shortly after defeating Hela, the God of Thunder has been suffering
                                          under her vengeful curse, which makes his bones brittle and unable to
                                          heal when broken. All this pain and yet, his fated foe, Jormangand
                                          stands before him. 23 massive splash page panels over 23
                                          pages. "Thus, legends are born!"

                                          3. THOR Annual #5- "War of the Gods" By Steve Englehart and John
                                          Buscema

                                          A pre-Don Blake tale of the first meeting of Thor and Hercules. The
                                          God of Thunder rushes to the aid of Viking warriors under assault by
                                          the son of Zeus and Greek soldiers. Tons of background info on Asgard
                                          and the MU realms of the gods, Loki is out there messing things up
                                          and Odin tries to teach Thor one a bit of humility. Epic scale and my
                                          first Thor annual.

                                          4. THOR #300- "Twilight of the Gods" By Mark Gruenwald/Ralph Macchio,
                                          Keith Pollard art

                                          The culmination of Roy Thomas' adaptation of Wagner's Gotterdammerung
                                          or the Ring Saga within the pages of Thor on stage in the MU. As
                                          there were some editorial, eh, differences on the real world Marvel
                                          staff (i.e., Jim Shooter and Roy Thomas), Roy was off the title
                                          before his story was complete! Future THOR editors Gru and Ralf
                                          finished things up based on Roy's notes and credited him in #298-299.
                                          Anyway, the story took a bit long to develop, but had some
                                          interesting moments along the way ended with Thor toppling the
                                          Celestial Arishem, after the "space gods" had blown away the All-
                                          Father.

                                          5. THOR #157- "Behind Him ...Ragnarok!" By Stan Lee and Jack Kirby

                                          Mangog is back, this time he's determined to draw the Odinsword and
                                          end Asgard for all eternity and only Thor stands between the monster
                                          and his long awaited revenge! Many, many great Lee/Kirby tales, but
                                          this was one of my first, as it has taken me a long time to track
                                          down most of these amazing back issues. This one stood out as Kirby
                                          puts on a show displaying the sheer force of Mangog. Odin has to
                                          provide an assist in this epic, but the sequence of panels that set
                                          up the happy ending stand up to the test of time (in other words, the
                                          audience would leave the "theater" clapping and cheering)!

                                          6. THOR #353 - "Doom II" By Walt Simonson

                                          Surtur, the slayer of Odin's brothers Vili and Ve, is out for revenge
                                          and completing his only purpose, to end all life in the Universe!
                                          Selfish Loki finally understands that he will not even be able to
                                          rule the ruins of Asgard, steps in to aid his step-brother and the
                                          All-Father. An amazing end to a storyline that started in #337 with
                                          some amazing battles in Asgard and Midgard in #351-2, with BRB,
                                          Hercules, and every Asgardian ever introduced in the MU! The scale
                                          and grandeur, oh my!

                                          7. THOR #385- "Be Thou God or Monster!" By Jim Shooter and Stan Lee,
                                          Erik Larsen (first published Marvel art by EL)

                                          This story was originally intended for the high dollar plastic
                                          covered comics that Marvel was doing at the time, but fate pushed the
                                          story in as a "filler" only two issues into the long DeFalco/Frenz
                                          run on the comic. It's Thor and Hulk in an epic battle. The God of
                                          Thunder has to keep one eye out for innocent victims while trying to
                                          put the smackdown on the green goliath! Nearly two dozen pages of
                                          pain as Thor volunteers to whip Hulk, sans Mjolnir.

                                          8. THOR #25- "The Final Morning" By Dan Jurgens and John Romita, Jr.

                                          Thanos has finally found the tools to assist him on a quest to
                                          eliminate all life. Not for his former babe, Death- this time the
                                          Titan is certain that death would simply be best for everyone! The
                                          mighty Mangog, who had failed in several previous attempts to end all
                                          of Asgard, aligns himself with a force who can help him complete his
                                          task. A relentless Thor, aided by Firelord and desperate tools forged
                                          by the order of Odin, vanquishes two of the MU's most powerful
                                          villains!

                                          9. THOR #361- "The Quick and the Dead" By Walt Simonson

                                          Human souls lost at the hand of Malekith are unfairly held by the
                                          Goddess of Death, move Thor to muster the forces of Asgard to march
                                          on Hel itself to free them. Hand-to-hand combat with Thor and Hela
                                          was worth the price of admission. This was a close call with #362
                                          where the Executioner sacrifices himself to save the day and allow
                                          the Asgardians to escape an angry and defeated Hela!

                                          10. THOR #305- "Hark the Herald Angel Lives" By Mark Gruenwald/Ralph
                                          Macchio and Keith Pollard

                                          About 30 comics of THOR tied for this spot, but I'm running out of
                                          room. And actually, I some issues with this issue, but this is just
                                          one of those snap shots that show just how mighty the son of Odin is.
                                          Generally, the Heralds of Galactus are near the God of Thunder in
                                          strength and ability (such as theSilver Surfer, Firelord, etc.,)
                                          which makes for some decent fisticuffs. In this issue, Gabriel, the
                                          Air Walker awakens to find he is longer in the employ of Galactus and
                                          seeks to destroy the Surfer. He hangs out with a small boy, messes
                                          with the Fantastic Four, but draws the attention of Thor. Thor shows
                                          off his control of the elements and ultimately destroys the
                                          mechanical herald (not an easy feat).
                                        • thorfans@yahoogroups.com
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Feb 4, 2007
                                            The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                            final results:

                                            POLL QUESTION: After years of waiting, what month will Marvel's new THOR series by JMS/Coipel finally debut?

                                            CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                            - January, 2007 - On the heels of Civil War!, 0 votes, 0.00%
                                            - February, 2007 - As part of the CW fallout., 1 votes, 100.00%
                                            - March, 2007 - Fresh start away from the CW stuff., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                            - April, 2007 - Just to drive us insane., 0 votes, 0.00%

                                            INDIVIDUAL VOTES

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jul 9, 2007
                                              The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                              final results:

                                              POLL QUESTION: So, the last poll we had to guess the return of Thor has slipped beyond April, when do YOU think we will see a new series?

                                              CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                              - New series? Yeah, right., 1 votes, 33.33%
                                              - June, 2007., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - July, 2007., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                              - August, 2007., 2 votes, 66.67%
                                              - Pushed back again to the fall., 0 votes, 0.00%

                                              INDIVIDUAL VOTES
                                              - New series? Yeah, right.
                                              - megatronhd@...
                                              - June, 2007.
                                              - July, 2007.
                                              - August, 2007.
                                              - zatizzeequest@...
                                              - lundonj@...

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 21, 2008
                                                The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                                final results:

                                                POLL QUESTION: What did YOU think of THOR #1??

                                                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                                - LOVED it!!, 3 votes, 75.00%
                                                - Decent start, I liked it., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                                - Not sure yet, has some potential..., 1 votes, 25.00%
                                                - Eh, didn't quite hit the mark., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                                - No thanks, not the THOR I was expecting., 0 votes, 0.00%

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Oct 16, 2012
                                                  The following thorfans poll is now closed. Here are the
                                                  final results:

                                                  POLL QUESTION: Are you excited about the Marvel NOW relaunch of THOR: God of Thunder?

                                                  CHOICES AND RESULTS
                                                  - Can't wait, looks great!, 3 votes, 50.00%
                                                  - Semi-interesting looking..., 1 votes, 16.67%
                                                  - No thanks, I love the current series., 0 votes, 0.00%
                                                  - Maybe, I haven't read ANY Thor for awhile., 2 votes, 33.33%

                                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thorfans