Re: [ Thor Fans ] Digest Number 192

  • The Irish Wolf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      Yes, Ian Churchhill does indee draw a smashing Thor.
      The Heroes Reborn Avengers he did especially the Thor
      Hulk donniebrook is a highlight in just flat out good
      looking comic art in the current style ....
      I was looking forward to his take on the mythological
      version of Thor in the Coven, but the book seems to
      have been discontinued. For those of you who never saw
      the cover art for the Coven it featured a red haired
      red bearded Thor in grey chainmail armor and a horned
      and bat winged helm. It was too cool. I once saw a
      character design he did in some other book for Awesome
      of the mythological related Thor. I wish that company
      would come back .. I can't get enough Thor from
      Marvel. Maybe Simonson will have DC's John Byrne
      version of Thor in New Gods soon?

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2001
        Irish,
        Yeah, I enjoyed those issues, too; the Thor/Hulk clash was terrific, marred
        only by the fact the Green Goliath came out on top. Thor's loss was
        mitigated somewhat by the subsequent discovery that it wasn't the 'real'
        Thor.
        And, I, too, liked COVEN, and Awesome's 'take' on Thor.
        Too bad they haven't put anything out in ages.
        Oh, well. Marvel sure is giving the Real Deal the limelight a lot of late,
        which should please all thorfans no end.