THOR GOD OF THUNDER #13

  • drobbins04
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013

      A: Garney

      you'd think the first thing on
      Malekith's to-do list would be to
      lay a whomping on Thor.
      But no.
      Seems the elfin M is ticked off
      at a bunch of 'softies'.

      Who might they be? you ask.

      I don't want to give it away,
      but it's a delightful twist that showcases
      just how demented Malekith is---and makes
      for a great first installment in this arc.

      Once again Aaron is pitch-perfect with
      his characterizations, and Garney outdoes
      himself with his renderings.

      On the Mjolnir Meter this pegged at a 10.

      If you love Thor and you're not reading this title,
      you are depriving yourself of some serious sweetness.

    • comicbookheaven
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013
        And I loved the classic movie Western reference on the letters-less letters page. Another issue that made me say Lee/Kirby who? And you forgot to mention the great map of the nine realms!

      • drobbins04
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013
          Bill said,

          > And I loved the classic movie Western reference on the letters-less letters
          > page.

          Both the movie and this were Biblical references
          to the Book of Revelation, alluding to the End Times.
          In Clint's movie, he was about to bring
          an end to the bad guys. In Malekith's case,
          we know what he's trying to bring an end to.

          >>> Another issue that made me say Lee/Kirby who?

          Don't know if anyone could make me say that.
          Not even JMS and Coipel.
          Lee and Kirby at their peak were sensational.

          > mention the great map of the nine realms!

          Remember all those cool extras Kirby used to throw in?
          Maps of Asgard and the like?