Re: Whole bunch of reviews.

  • lundonj
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
      Nice! A roll call of Thor appearances this week and some that I missed.

      Thanks David. And we have now crushed last June's activity level and are well on our way to top the fairly quiet month of May...

      --- In THOR_Fans@yahoogroups.com, drobbins@... wrote:

      > THOR GOD OF THUNDER
      > 9
      >
      > Aaron
      >
      > Ribic
      >
      > I already reviewed this so we'll jump to the rest.

      I did a re-read already and liked it better the second time, despite the precarious cliffhanger.

      > AVENGERS 13
      >
      > Hickman/Spencer
      >
      > Deodato
      >
      > and others.
      >
      > Thor continues
      > to bond with Hyperion,
      >
      > which I thought is a 'really' nice touch.
      >

      > Enter the High Evolutionary,
      >
      > who unleashes a Terminus on them.
      >

      > Thor has some sweet moments,
      >
      > especially the scene where he calls
      >

      > down the lightning.
      >
      > Our Mjolnir Meter pegged at 9.
      >
      > It's a great
      > issue.

      This AVENGERS run is really growing on me, and back-to-back character building moments of Thor have been cool, and well written. I concur with your Nine on the MM.

      > INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK 8
      >
      > Waid
      > Simonson
      >
      > And
      > others.
      >
      > Round Two of the Green Machine
      > and the Real Deal versus the
      > Frost Giants.
      >
      > Not as much Thor as in Part One
      > but he kicks some serious
      > Frost Giant butt.
      >
      > And there are some grins.
      >
      > Our MM topped
      > out at 8.
      >
      > It's worth your pennies.

      I loved this little three issue series and also agree while last issue was more fun, this was still a blast. Actually, last issue may be the best appearance by Thor in a HULK comic book, ever.

      > THOR THE DARK WORLD: Prelude
      >

      > Kyle
      >
      > Yost
      >
      > and others.
      >
      > This is a prequel to the new movie.
      >
      > it
      > also links to the first AVENGERS movie
      >
      > with a lot of scenes
      > word-for-word.
      >
      > Basically, it shows what Thor and Jane
      >
      > are up to
      > during the year that takes
      >
      > place before the second Thor movie
      >

      > begins.
      >
      > Rates a 9 on the Mjolnir Meter.
      >
      > Did I mention it has a
      > couple of cool
      >
      > pics from the new movie? With
      >
      > actor Chris Hemsworth
      > as Thor?
      >
      > That along should spark your interest.

      I have to check this one out.

      -Don
    • drobbins04
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013
        Don said,

        >>>Nice! A roll call of Thor appearances this week and
        some that I missed.

        > You are welcome.
        > It's
        gotten so that it's a challenge to keep up with
        > all the new
        Thor-related stuff coming out.

        growing on me, and back-to-back character building moments of Thor have
        been cool, and well written. I concur with your Nine on the MM.

        Thor comes across as very likable,
        > which is a big plus.

        THE DARK WORLD:I have to check this one out.

        > I liked where they went
        with it. The destruction of Bifrost
        > in the movie is having major
        repercussions.

        > David

      • lundonj
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
          > THE DARK WORLD:I have to check this one out.
          >
          > > I liked where they went
          > with it. The destruction of Bifrost
          > > in the movie is having major
          > repercussions.

          A decent little comic book indeed. I had forgotten Marvel was doing this.

          I guess that wraps up June, the penultimate issue of the God Killer shows up in July....