Whole bunch of reviews.

  • drobbins04
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2013
      Everyone,

      There was a lot of Thor-related stuff this week.

      might have missed some of it, so if you know of one

      we haven't talked
      about, maybe give us a heads

      up.

      We'll get to the bunch after our

      usual Midgardian...

      THOR GOD OF THUNDER
      9

      Aaron

      Ribic

      I already reviewed this so we'll jump to the rest.

      AVENGERS 13

      Hickman/Spencer

      Deodato

      and others.

      Thor continues
      to bond with Hyperion,

      which I thought is a 'really' nice touch.

      Enter the High Evolutionary,

      who unleashes a Terminus on them.

      Thor has some sweet moments,

      especially the scene where he calls

      down the lightning.

      Our Mjolnir Meter pegged at 9.

      It's a great
      issue.

      ALL NEW X-MEN 12

      Bendis

      Immonen

      and others.

      So what's
      this have to do with Thor?

      The Uncanny Avengers put in an appearance.

      Thor doesn't do much except get attacked

      by a young Jean Grey and
      appears in only a few

      panels.

      A good issue but just not much Thor.

      Mjoly gives it an 8.

      INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK 8

      Waid

      Simonson

      And
      others.

      Round Two of the Green Machine

      and the Real Deal versus the

      Frost Giants.

      Not as much Thor as in Part One

      but he kicks some
      serious

      Frost Giant butt.

      And there are some grins.

      Our MM topped
      out at 8.

      It's worth your pennies.

      THOR THE DARK WORLD: Prelude

      Kyle

      Yost

      and others.

      This is a prequel to the new movie.

      it
      also links to the first AVENGERS movie

      with a lot of scenes
      word-for-word.

      Basically, it shows what Thor and Jane

      are up to
      during the year that takes

      place before the second Thor movie

      begins.

      Rates a 9 on the Mjolnir Meter.

      Did I mention it has a
      couple of cool

      pics from the new movie? With

      actor Chris Hemsworth
      as Thor?

      That along should spark your interest.

      DARK AVENGERS 190

      Parker

      Edwards

      and others.

      The final issue.

      The new and
      improved Ragnarok

      and his buds are trapped in an

      alternate reality
      and must fight to

      get back to our world.

      As an aside, I can't say I
      like the

      new look for Rags. Much preferred

      the classic Kirbyesque
      cyborg to

      this World Wrestling wannabe.

      On the Mjoly Meter it hit a
      7.

      THE ULTIMATES 25

      Fialkov

      Di Giandomenico

      and others.

      Ulty
      Hulk gets hold of the Infinity Gems.

      Need I say more?

      Ulty Thor
      calls down some lightning

      but doesn't get a lot of panel space
      otherwise.

      Still, it's a fun read.

      We'll give it a 7.

      And there
      you, some capsule summaries

      that may help you decide whether to

      splurge or not.

      Comments?

      Any I've missed?

    • lundonj
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
        Nice! A roll call of Thor appearances this week and some that I missed.

        Thanks David. And we have now crushed last June's activity level and are well on our way to top the fairly quiet month of May...

        --- In THOR_Fans@yahoogroups.com, drobbins@... wrote:

        > THOR GOD OF THUNDER
        > 9
        >
        > Aaron
        >
        > Ribic
        >
        > I already reviewed this so we'll jump to the rest.

        I did a re-read already and liked it better the second time, despite the precarious cliffhanger.

        > AVENGERS 13
        >
        > Hickman/Spencer
        >
        > Deodato
        >
        > and others.
        >
        > Thor continues
        > to bond with Hyperion,
        >
        > which I thought is a 'really' nice touch.
        >

        > Enter the High Evolutionary,
        >
        > who unleashes a Terminus on them.
        >

        > Thor has some sweet moments,
        >
        > especially the scene where he calls
        >

        > down the lightning.
        >
        > Our Mjolnir Meter pegged at 9.
        >
        > It's a great
        > issue.

        This AVENGERS run is really growing on me, and back-to-back character building moments of Thor have been cool, and well written. I concur with your Nine on the MM.

        > INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK 8
        >
        > Waid
        > Simonson
        >
        > And
        > others.
        >
        > Round Two of the Green Machine
        > and the Real Deal versus the
        > Frost Giants.
        >
        > Not as much Thor as in Part One
        > but he kicks some serious
        > Frost Giant butt.
        >
        > And there are some grins.
        >
        > Our MM topped
        > out at 8.
        >
        > It's worth your pennies.

        I loved this little three issue series and also agree while last issue was more fun, this was still a blast. Actually, last issue may be the best appearance by Thor in a HULK comic book, ever.

        > THOR THE DARK WORLD: Prelude
        >

        > Kyle
        >
        > Yost
        >
        > and others.
        >
        > This is a prequel to the new movie.
        >
        > it
        > also links to the first AVENGERS movie
        >
        > with a lot of scenes
        > word-for-word.
        >
        > Basically, it shows what Thor and Jane
        >
        > are up to
        > during the year that takes
        >
        > place before the second Thor movie
        >

        > begins.
        >
        > Rates a 9 on the Mjolnir Meter.
        >
        > Did I mention it has a
        > couple of cool
        >
        > pics from the new movie? With
        >
        > actor Chris Hemsworth
        > as Thor?
        >
        > That along should spark your interest.

        I have to check this one out.

        -Don
      • drobbins04
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2013
          Don said,

          >>>Nice! A roll call of Thor appearances this week and
          some that I missed.

          > You are welcome.
          > It's
          gotten so that it's a challenge to keep up with
          > all the new
          Thor-related stuff coming out.

          growing on me, and back-to-back character building moments of Thor have
          been cool, and well written. I concur with your Nine on the MM.

          Thor comes across as very likable,
          > which is a big plus.

          THE DARK WORLD:I have to check this one out.

          > I liked where they went
          with it. The destruction of Bifrost
          > in the movie is having major
          repercussions.

          > David

        • lundonj
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
            > THE DARK WORLD:I have to check this one out.
            >
            > > I liked where they went
            > with it. The destruction of Bifrost
            > > in the movie is having major
            > repercussions.

            A decent little comic book indeed. I had forgotten Marvel was doing this.

            I guess that wraps up June, the penultimate issue of the God Killer shows up in July....