[ THOR Fans ] Re: New series THOR_Fans feedback...

  • Tyragon Adventures
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5 1:30 AM
      > > I'm not surprised at any of this, mind you.
      > > Continuity has long since flown out the window.
      > > When I do reviews, I seldom take that into
      > > consideration anymore. But if you read reviews
      > > from ten years ago or so, I did.

      The fact ye have given up on continuity has meant Marvel has "won." :) They have beat you down, and you have finally surrendered and accepted the foul meal, as the only meal, thus, appreciative, no matter how bad! :)

      It just annoys the Hel out of me. Look at what JMS did. He delivered a THOR title that (I think?) everyone enjoyed. He tied it to the Marvel Universe, repeatedly. One of my favorite things? When Thor comes back and faces Iron Man, after learning about the clone thing. Absolutely amazing issue. Perhaps even one of my ALL time favorite issues of Thor, to date. JMS did it right. He gave us a reborn THOR that we could love. And what has Marvel done? "Oh thanks for doing that, and getting interest and respect given back to Thor. Now we're just going to disregard it all."
    • drobbins04
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5 2:37 PM
        Leafy said,

        meant Marvel has "won." :) They have beat you down

        >> But more
        in a bit. banding together to secretly run the world they wou

        solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%">Perfectly fine.
        >> type="cite"
        style="padding-left:5px; border-left:#1010ff 2px solid; margin-left:5px;
        width:100%">These

        >>> ng-left:5px; border-left:#1010ff 2px solid;
        margin-left:5px; width:100%">
        >> 't even get me started on 'Asgardia'.
        display his passion for continuity. Many would rather have free rein
        Makes two of us. In the regular universe, Asgard still hasn't been
        restored. David

      • lundonj
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10 7:42 AM
          --- In THOR_Fans@yahoogroups.com, "Tyragon Adventures" <ravenflight.sabretooth@...> wrote:

          > The fact ye have given up on continuity has meant Marvel has "won." :) They have beat you down, and you have finally surrendered and accepted the foul meal, as the only meal, thus, appreciative, no matter how bad! :)
          >
          > It just annoys the Hel out of me. Look at what JMS did. He delivered a THOR title that (I think?) everyone enjoyed. He tied it to the Marvel Universe, repeatedly. One of my favorite things? When Thor comes back and faces Iron Man, after learning about the clone thing. Absolutely amazing issue. Perhaps even one of my ALL time favorite issues of Thor, to date. JMS did it right. He gave us a reborn THOR that we could love. And what has Marvel done? "Oh thanks for doing that, and getting interest and respect given back to Thor. Now we're just going to disregard it all."

          I think the continuity is only ignored if fans don't like that part of the picture. It is still all one story. The new series is in the Marvel Universe and is the next chapter in Thor's story. Just because Spider-Man isn't hanging on a nearby street corner doesn't mean this stuff is happening in a pocket Universe. I like the fact Thor has to solve this puzzle on his own, it so rarely happens that he gets to be the hero anymore, in or out of his own series.

          All this said, when I don't like a story it doesn't always fit my take on continuity, but it is still there. It is all one big Thor story...

          -Don
        • lundonj
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 10 8:01 AM
            ---Among David's teeth grinding, he spoke:
            > >> 't even get me started on 'Asgardia'.
            > display his passion for continuity. Many would rather have free rein
            > Makes two of us. In the regular universe, Asgard still hasn't been
            > restored.

            Fraction's horrid run, which haunts us with Asgardia does show, unfortunately, some continuity is being observed, just some we wish was ignored.

            My memory, especially in comics is very selective. I realize Fraction's run happened, as did the mostly unpleasant last years of the Jurgens run -- I just try to keep those memories near brain cells that will be killed by alcohol.

            -Don (yes, I realize science shows the cell killing ability of alcohol to be a myth)