Re: [ Thor Fans ] Worse. Thor. Ever.

  • Tyragon Adventures
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2012
      > > This is the worse THOR ever. Since Fraction took over,
      > > I can't find a single issue I like.
      > They have been few and far between for me, too.

      I keep trying to go back and READ the comics of THOR that I am now skimming; and I can't. I can't get any enjoyment out of it.

      > Double wow. You are even harsher about him than me.

      It's true. I know you and several hail Jurgen's Thor Rules The World as the worse Thor; and yes, it may have been out of character - but at least Jurgens led up to it. He placed the pieces there, that would at least lead to it. And Jurgens does some great writing over in DC. And Jurgens first part of his Thor run was actually very fun to read. I am not finding any fun AT all in Fraction's Thor. I can't tell if it's because of the bad writing, mixed with the bad art (I really hate the current artist on Thor, I really, really do) - that it's making me impossible to get any enjoyment.

      I feel so absolutely frustrated over Fraction's Thor.

      Considering the Avengers movie, and the Thor movie, THOR the comic should have Marvel's top notch writers and artists. And it saddens me to think if Fraction and whoever the artist is, is what Marvel considers top notch (since DC successfully snaked all the other great people!)

      > Let's hope whoever Marvel signs
      > to do the relaunch gives
      > us the Real Deal and not some
      > silly imitation.

      I pray to the Gods.
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
        Leafy mentioned,
        > I keep trying to go back and READ the comics of THOR that I am now
        > skimming; and I can't. I can't get any enjoyment out of it.

        I saw that Aaron is slated to write the relaunch.
        That's mildly worrisome.
        He did a run on PUNISHER MAX
        that completely skewed the character.
        He had no clue what the big P
        is really about.

        > part of his Thor run was actually very fun to read.

        Yeah, it was.
        And he gave us Thorgirl!
        LOL

        > I really, really do)

        It's a 'bad fit'.
        Interesting how some artists fit well
        with certain titles and other
        artists don't.

        > Considering the Avengers movie, and the Thor movie, THOR the comic should
        > have Marvel's top notch writers and artists.

        You'd think, huh?
        But Marvel has a long history of not give their comics
        due love when it's most beneficial for them
        to do so.

        > I pray to the Gods.

        Where's Odin when we need him?

      • tyragon
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
          > > I keep trying to go back and READ the comics of THOR that I am now
          > > skimming; and I can't. I can't get any enjoyment out of it.
          > I saw that Aaron is slated to write the relaunch.
          > That's mildly worrisome.
          > He did a run on PUNISHER MAX
          > that completely skewed the character.
          > He had no clue what the big P
          > is really about.

          Well if he wrote Punisher MAX at least it sounds like he knows how to write someone who knows how to put up a fight...

          > > part of his Thor run was actually very fun to read.
          > Yeah, it was.
          > And he gave us Thorgirl!
          > LOL

          Well everyone has their bad moments! :)

          I kid, I don't mind Thor Girl. Was actually growing fond of her in ... Oh, what was that Avengers book that they basically relaunched into Avengers Academy? Avengers: Initiative.

          > > I really, really do)
          > It's a 'bad fit'.
          > Interesting how some artists fit well
          > with certain titles and other
          > artists don't.

          Yeah. He doesn't fit. Neither does Fraction. Neither of them fit on Thor. And Fraction not even in comics.

          About the only good thing Fraction did was bring Adam-X back around briefly, but he wrote him so freaking poorly. But I took it just to have the character back around.

          > > I pray to the Gods.
          > Where's Odin when we need him?

          Sleeping on the bed with my wife.

          Sounds bad.

          But Odin is the name of our Husky. :)
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 14, 2012
            Leafy said,
            > Well if he wrote Punisher MAX at least it sounds like he knows how to write
            > someone who knows how to put up a fight...

            LOL

            Yeah, but he completely invalidated
            the Punisher's rational for 'being'
            the Punisher. It was so out of character
            for Frank Castle, I loathed it.

            >> I kid, I don't mind Thor Girl. Was actually growing fond of her in ... Oh,
            > what was that Avengers book that they basically relaunched into Avengers
            > Academy? Avengers: Initiative.

            Yeah.
            They haven't used her much lately, though.

            >> Yeah. He doesn't fit. Neither does Fraction. Neither of them fit on Thor.
            > And Fraction not even in comics.

            I am trying to recall if I have ever
            seen you 'so' down on a Marvel writer before.

            > > Sounds bad.
            > > But Odin is the name of our Husky. :)

            LOL

            Our mutt is named
            'Maximus Profundus'.
            Or 'Max'.

            Originally I dubbed him
            'Maximus Stupidus'
            but 'someone' threatened
            to take a club to my head
            if I didn't change it.

            Sigh.

          • tyragon
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 24, 2012
              > >> Yeah. He doesn't fit. Neither does Fraction. Neither
              > > of them fit on Thor.
              > > And Fraction not even in comics.
              > I am trying to recall if I have ever
              > seen you 'so' down on a Marvel writer before.

              No, I haven't. :) I was pissed at Bill Matelo during his run of Alpha Flight. :) So he came close back then.