This week's Thor

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      Not a lot.
      Unless my local shop messed up again.

      In my box was
      THOR: THE DEVIANTS SAGA
      Writer: Rodi
      Art: Segovia
      and a bunch of other folks.

      #4 of 5

      We'll get to it after our
      usual Midgardian....

      Thor continues his hunt for the Deviant
      who stole an Asgardian artifact that
      can essentially erase all existence.

      His search is complicated by a brewing
      civil war among the Deviants.

      In this issue, teamed with the Eternal
      Phastos, Thor must journey to the
      Savage Land to collect some
      Antarctic vibranium which the
      Deviants need to cure their sterility.

      You might be asking yourself, 'What does
      any of that have to do with the stolen
      artifact'?
      Absolutely nothing, which Thor himself
      notes during the first few pages.
      As with last issue, it seems more a
      divergence to draw out the story.
      Unlike last issue, this one has
      some sweet moments.

      Highest on the list is a sequence
      where the Real Deal takes on a
      T-Rex.

      There's also a nice cameo by
      Ka-Zar.

      Even with the ups and downs
      of this mini, one aspect that has
      been superbly consistent
      is Thor's characterization.
      Unlike, say, Fraction, who too often
      has Thor come across as a 10-year old brat,
      Rodi gives us a mature Thor, a reflective
      Thor, an intelligent Thor.

      On that merit along, we're giving
      this issue a 9 out of 10.
      Did I mention the T-Rex is toast sequence?

      :)
      DavidSpecifically,