[thorfans] Welcome three more!

  • Lundonj@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2000
      Wow! Maybe I should get sick and stay offline more often! I missed a few
      days and we have three more Thor fans to welcome to the list:

      peanut@..., nukdr@..., wynndogg@...

      C'mon in, feel free to vote in a poll, start a poll, upload some art into the
      vault or view what we have. Most important, the group has become very quiet
      over the holidays, so start a thread. Any thread.

      -Don
    • NUKDR@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2000
        hi don my name is fred....im 47 yrs young...i used to be an avid thor reader
        when i was younger...like in the teens...get my drift.....now that my son is
        married im going more into pleasing ..mua...so i started trying to by some of
        my favorite thor stories...always the loki wars were good...how come his dad
        ..odin was always sleeping???ha ha my favorite the mangog..ithink thats how i
        remember it the beast that odin chained for milleniums and resulted they
        were a race of billions in one beast..so powerfull that it was capable of
        pulling odins sorwd thus ending the universe..wow..what a story....i still
        remember it like yesterday...any how thank you for letting me in..im a little
        bussy with the y2k and other at the international airport in orlando fl..but
        as soon as i get free time ill participate a little more...thanks fred
      • Lundonj@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2000
          In a message dated 1/1/00 6:24:10 PM Mountain Standard Time, NUKDR@...
          writes:

          << hi don my name is fred....im 47 yrs young...i used to be an avid thor
          reader
          when i was younger...like in the teens...get my drift.....now that my son is
          married im going more into pleasing ..mua...so i started trying to by some
          of
          my favorite thor stories...always the loki wars were good...how come his dad
          ..odin was always sleeping???ha ha my favorite the mangog..ithink thats how
          i >>

          Well, the old classic stuff stands up pretty well. Although Odin did
          eventually participate a little more and wasn't *always* asleep. Actually,
          Mangog was in the latest issue of Thor and looks to be a part of the story
          for the next several issues.
          And yep, Odin is awake for this one!

          Loki is also involved as I think the series is currently attempting to evoke
          some of the old classics. On our list here we have fans of the Stan and Jack
          stuff, the Walt Simonson stuff and even some readers who like the new series
          (not everyone, if you've read over our old messages here). I'm kinda' weird
          in that I like *most* Thor stories. The new series is comparitively mediocre
          IMO, but it has some nice moments.

          Glad you jumped right in to our little message board.

          -Don
        • NUKDR@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2000
            HEY GUYS IF THIS THOR ISSUES WITH MANGOG IS A REMAKE OF THE 60;S THAT I READ
            ...BOY STRAP ON TO YOUR SEATS AND DONT BLINK BECAUSE THIS IS A DUZZY
            ..INCREDIBLE HEROISM AND BATTLES PLUS THE PLOT IS WELL WRITEN......I ALMOST
            GAVE IT UP ON MY PAST CHAT..I DIDNT KNOW WHAT A COINCIDENCE ,MY FAVORITE
            SETS ARE AS WE CHAT NEW TO YOU GUYS......THER LIKE 5 ISSUES IN THIS
            SAGA...ENJOY..IT WILL BLOW YOUR MINDS AWAY....REALY IF ITS THE SAME ITS
            REALLY GOOD..AND TALK ABOUT ODINS POWER..AT THE END HE IS AWESOME...FRED
          • Lundonj@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2000
              Fred,

              Hey, I love the enthusiasm! One reminder, or in case you haven't posted to
              many newsgroups/email lists, if you post all of your words in CAPS it comes
              off as the net version of SCREAMING at people! Kinda' weird, but please try
              not to hammer the caps lock next time out.

              As for the upcoming Thor story, I hope they will reference the great
              originals you are talking about, but it isn't a reprint. If they get this
              new story done half as well as that original Mangog arc, then we'll have some
              good *new* stuff to talk about around here.

              -Don
            • NUKDR@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 4, 2000
                hi don..that is weard...i find it silly that even at the web..the last
                frontier of freedom of speach we already have people imposing their views on
                us...im not shouting for crying out loud im typing,,,whats wrong with
                people....any how i only do it because of my deteriorating eye sight due to
                my diabetes....its easier for me to know what im typing......god speed...fred
              • Lundonj@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 4, 2000
                  In a message dated 1/4/00 12:29:39 AM Pacific Standard Time, NUKDR@...
                  writes:

                  << hi don..that is weard >>

                  Hey Fred!

                  I agree. It took me a long time to get used to all of the different rules of
                  the online universe. All of them are unwritten and I have been yelled at by
                  a number of people in newsgroups for breaking said rules (staying on topic,
                  cuss words, caps, etc.,) You name it and I have done it! As the person dumb
                  enough to try to moderate a message board, I'm only here to remind folks of
                  things that other members may consider "not polite."

                  I suppose it is the net's way to keep some level of order and respect. I
                  have seen a lot of people use all caps to scream at others, so I understand.
                  Honestly, I'm not that anal, I just need to point it out. One of those
                  moderator oaths we take to keep the peace! ;-)

                  If you still have trouble reading the items you are typing in (sorry to hear
                  that), then increase your font size a few picas. How is that for weird?
                  Larger letters are cool in emails as long as they are not all CAPS! Don't
                  let the silly stuff chase you away, we need all the diverse opinions on our
                  list that we can get!

                  -Don
                • Thor1970@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 4, 2000
                    HEY! sorry about that....hey....(thats better)
                  • DM
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 10, 2000
                      Hey, Thor nutjobs! I've got a new e-mail address. From now on, please hit me
                      at
                      oleraisin@...
                      In a couple of days, the "kingkahlua" address will be dead, dead, dead.
                      Thanks.

                    • Lundonj@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 10, 2000
                        Hey,

                        I sent you out one of those official looking site invitations so you can join
                        with your new address!