[ Thor Fans ] Re: OT: Green Lantern (was X-Men First Class Review And Spoilers AHOY!)

  • Tyragon Adventures
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5 10:22 AM
      > > So I went and saw this last week - and I actually
      > > liked it. But as someone who is not super duper
      > > into the DC mythology of things, I can't tell if
      > > some characters were seriously botched or not.
      > > That said - I did have one small problem.

      > > . But with no threat
      > > anymore - him putting on the ring seemed so out of place.
      > You know, that's a good point.
      > I've been reading GL since his original SHOWCASE,
      > and since Sinetro has had a yellow ring since his
      > second appearance, to me it was natural that he'd
      > do it. But in the context of his character in the movie,
      > you're right. It seems inconsistent.

      Yeah, like I mean I knew he was from the comics - but from the context of the movie - it was extremely out of place for me. I would have much rather that he put on the ring during the threat, and then at the end, show him withering in pain, after the credits, then look up, and his eyes/pupils are yellow and he has a twisted smile or something, you know?