[ Thor Fans ] Re: Whoa

  • Tyragon
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
      > > Of course. :) Loved it!
      > > Although I get why Thunderball "can't" look like he normally
      > > does, with the 'fro if you will, and they have "modernized" him
      > > to wear the beanie thing instead, I sure do miss the original look of
      > > Thunderball. :)
      > I noticed a while back in PUNISHER
      > when the Punisher and the Rhino took
      > on the Wrecking Crew that
      > Marvel had changed Thunderball's look.

      Not sure if it's the FIRST time they changed him, but were you picking up AVENGERS when... Chuck Austin or whatever horrible writer was at the helm, and Thunderball showed up spewing Shakespeare for nearly the whole issue? That was the first time I noticed he had been changed.

      That said - I am all caught up on the Avengers cartoon -

      And let me say - it's KICKING arse. There seems to be a LOT of emphasis on HULK (like when Gravatron held them all down; it was Hulk who had the strength to fight the effects, not Thor)...

      But really - the first episode, when everyone breaks out - such a great episode! And the foreshadowing for Ultron! I love it! While it's ALLLLL very drastically different than the comic origins, which is to be expected, they're doing a WONDERFUL job remaking these stories!
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
        Leafy said,
        > I noticed a while back in PUNISHER
        > > when the Punisher and the Rhino took
        > > on the Wrecking Crew that
        > > Not sure if it's the FIRST time they changed him, but were you picking up
        > AVENGERS when... Chuck Austin or whatever horrible writer was at the helm,
        > and Thunderball showed up spewing Shakespeare

        LOL

        Thankfully I was spared that.

        The characterizations in the Punisher story
        were pretty consistent with how the Wrecking boys
        have long been shown. Thunderball came across
        as the more intelligent, as he usually does,
        but no Shakespeare.

        The real fun was in seeing Castle
        kick their a&&es.

        That seems to be the general concensus.

        > HULK (like when Gravatron held them all down; it was Hulk who had the
        > strength to fight the effects, not Thor)...

        Yes, but it was Thor who seriously smacked Graviton
        down during their first fight---and who unleashed
        the mother of all Mjolnir blasts to finish him off.

        >>> But really - the first episode, when everyone breaks out - such a great
        > episode! And the foreshadowing for Ultron! I love it! While it's ALLLLL
        > very drastically different than the comic origins, which is to be expected,
        > they're doing a WONDERFUL job remaking these stories!

        Man, we are in complete and total
        and utter agreement.
        Again.

        Wow.

      • Tyragon
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
          > > I noticed a while back in PUNISHER
          > > > when the Punisher and the Rhino took
          > > > on the Wrecking Crew that
          > > > Not sure if it's the FIRST time they changed him, but
          > > > were you picking up AVENGERS when... Chuck Austin or
          > > > whatever horrible writer was at the helm,
          > > > and Thunderball showed up spewing Shakespeare
          > LOL
          > Thankfully I was spared that.

          How sad is this? I was just pulling names out of my arse when I said Chuck Austen, because I strongly hated his run on X-Men, and figured it would be him who fubared the Avengers... Lo' And Behold...
          http://www.giantess.net/node/2752

          Also same guy who had She-Hulk sleep with Juggernaut in a one night stand; later revealed by another writer I believe, to be some alien clone thing of She-Hulk, in order to explain away that...

          Has Chuck Austen ever written anything good? Seriously? Other than his X-Men run and Avengers (now!) run, I don't know why Marvel hailed him as such a great writer...