T-Strike rumor

  • lundonj
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 2 12:17 AM
      I haven't heard anything official, but a decent comic book news board found a tidbit and the confirmed it with the writer, Tom DeFalco. A THUNDERSTRIKE mini-series, written in current continuity is due late this year or early next year.

      For T-Strike fans, congrats.

      I'm not a big Thunderstrike fan, but I am willing to check it out.

      -Don
    • JamesK
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 23 4:01 PM
        -- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Tyragon" <ravenflight.sabretooth@...> wrote:
        > See, that's people like me and you. People who either create or join lists about our favorite heroes and comics and love to discuss them! There's a lot of people out there that just GET comics - rather than COLLECT comics - just to read them. There's no re-reading them or anything. They get read and thrown into a box. I can count about ten people I know who have done this. They usually collect all over the place - just picking up what looks cool and such. But I have a few friends who have been like, "You like Thor, right? I have some really old ones!" And they show me copies of like Thor #325, 326, 327... and are like, "These have to be worth some money, right?"
        >
        > And I cringe. Yes, they're "old" - but hardly old as in worth anything. Second, they're just in a box, with no backing, or bag or anything! They've been creased, bent corners, etc.

        Hell, I buy old Thor's (in that issue range) just to read them. Most I can find for 50 cents a pop at my local used book stores, but I typically get them to read them, not as an investment. Plus I also like to get stuff that they'll never put out in a trade. Arcs of Alpha Flight (yes I know there's some trades out there, but try to find those used...), Thunderstrike (yes I know here too, these might come out if the Thunderstrike limited in November works out well, and yes I may buy that one), Night Thrasher, Velocity (holy crap, there's Velocity from Top Cow?! That art makes her look like a crackhead...), early to mid-90's Marvel Annuals story arcs (still love me some 'Kings of Pain' storyline). But again, I buy them to read, not necessarily collect for future appreciation of value.

        -Christian