Re: [ Thor Fans ] Re: Marvel's Top 70 Comics...

    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2009
      Don shared,
      > > Yes, but not EVERY SINGLE COVER in the last 70
      > years was available to be voted on. As a matter of fact HUGE chunks of
      > covers are completely unavailable to be voted on (that I noticed in THOR,
      > AVENGERS and UNCANNY X-MEN, where my favorite covers have always
      > been).>

      Huh???
      Why the bleep weren't they available?
      Who put this rigged fiasco together?

      Must be a former politician.

      Message 2 of 13 , May 4, 2009
        Tawmis teased,
        > You're just a hater cuz there's no Thor Girl or Rickrolled or whatever that
        > other horrible flesh but cybernetic skrull clone thing is...

        It is claimed that all writers are deranged,
        so perhaps, yes.
        But I'm not 'so' deranged that I'd peg
        any cover with Thorgirl or Clor
        as an 'all-time' classic.

        It surprises me greatly that some of the Kirby
        covers aren't on there---I can think of two or three
        right off the top of the noggin, from early-on,
        that were spectacular and qualify in every
        respect as 'classic'.

        But as Don noted, evidently Marvel deliberately
        didn't include a whole bunch of covers that would
        have rated high on the list.

        Go figure.

        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2009
          Tawmis said,
          > Yes, but not EVERY SINGLE COVER in the last 70 years was available to be
          > voted on. As a matter of fact HUGE chunks of covers are completely
          > unavailable to be voted on (that I noticed in THOR, AVENGERS and UNCANNY
          > X-MEN, where my favorite covers have always been).

          Wait.
          It was you who said it first and not Don?
          Then why did I see it in a post from him
          before yours showed up?

          Mondo strange.

          But either way---what did you think
          of them not including so many covers?

          David
        • Tawmis
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 10, 2009
            > But either way---what did you think
            > of them not including so many covers?

            Was bound to happen. With all those titles, over the last 70 years... could you imagine EVERY cover being there?

            That'd be some huge storage and some HUGE bandwidth.