Re: [ Thor Fans ] Re: It's about Odin, yet it's still OT... :-)

  • Ditkomania@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
      In a message dated 3/31/2009 5:23:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      liberatorcdn@... writes:

      --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Tawmis" <ravenflight.sabretooth@...> wrote:

      > Need everyone's help, here!
      >
      > Vote for (my dog) Odin!
      >
      > You don't even need to do anything to sign up! Just check box the VOTE FOR
      ODIN thing! And by all means if you have a Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blog,
      forum, whatever - please pass the URL around!

      > http://www.moderndogmagazine.com/photocontest/dogs/09/03/31/odin

      I voted for Odin. My fiancee Annie, who is also on this list voted for
      him too.
      I know another dog named Odin who is a seeing-eye dog for one of my
      Masonic brothers. Oddy, as he is usually called, was even presented with his own
      Masonic apron (a small one worn on his collar) for when he attends lodge
      meetings, which, of course, he sleeps through!
      I am on a Marvel Board with nearly 4000 members. Would you like me to
      forward post your vote request there too?

      Bill
      **************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631247x1201390185/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
      eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540506%3B35046329%3Bx)

    • Tawmis
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
        > > We now return to the weird world where David is
        > > obsessed with ThorGirl and has poor taste in
        > > Angela Jolie...
        > Two things.

        Oh oh! :-D

        > First, out of the goodness of David's thorgirl pining heart,
        > he voted for Odin.

        I think you would have voted for him just because his name was Odin.
        I bet you would have hit up Internet Cafe's and voted for him multiple times, if he was named Thor Girl! ;-)

        > Second, that is one great looking dog.

        Yes, he is!

        > Does he know you don't like hot babes in armor?
        > LOL

        LOL! I love babes in armor... except for when I can't see their gorgeous frames that make them babes... and they have to be BABES! :)

        The only thing is Odin (the dog, not the Norse God) tends to get all the babes when I walk him.

        Now, if I were only single to capitalize on that wonderful fact! :-D
      • Tawmis
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
          > > Need everyone's help, here!
          > > Vote for (my dog) Odin!
          > > You don't even need to do anything to sign up! Just check
          > > box the VOTE FOR ODIN thing! And by all means if you have
          > > a Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blog, forum, whatever -
          > > please pass the URL around!
          > > http://www.moderndogmagazine.com/photocontest/dogs/09/03/31/odin

          > I voted for Odin. My fiancee Annie, who is also on
          > this list voted for him too. I know another dog named
          > Odin who is a seeing-eye dog for one of my Masonic
          > brothers. Oddy, as he is usually called, was even
          > presented with his own Masonic apron (a small one worn
          > on his collar) for when he attends lodge meetings, which,
          > of course, he sleeps through!

          *LOL!*

          What kills me is when I tell people his name is Odin... they call him Odie (like Garfield's dog name person!) And I hate being like, "No, it's O-DIN. Odin." :-D And when we do like agility classes, sometimes they spell it Oden. *rolls eyes*

          My favorite is when people ask, "What does Odin mean?" I have to explain he's the All Father, Nose Gods... and they stare at me... Father of Thor... Stare at me... Thor, God of Thunder... for which THURsday is named after... Blank stares.

          And they say that Dungeons & Dragons doesn't teach kids anything... man, it was AD&D back in the early, early 80s that first taught me all about Norse, Greek, etc!

          > I am on a Marvel Board with nearly 4000 members. Would
          > you like me to forward post your vote request there too?

          PLEASE do!

          Any help from anyone, is greatly appreciated! Pass it to forums, blogs, MySpace, Facebook, email it to co-workers, friends, etc! :-D
        • Christian
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
            --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Tawmis" <ravenflight.sabretooth@...> wrote:

            > What kills me is when I tell people his name is Odin... they call him Odie (like Garfield's dog name person!) And I hate being like, "No, it's O-DIN. Odin." :-D And when we do like agility classes, sometimes they spell it Oden. *rolls eyes*

            I was thinking of naming my daughter (if she had turned out to be a boy) Payton from the character in Silverado, however, I live in Indy, and it would always have been "So you're a Colts fan, huh?"

            No thanks...

            > My favorite is when people ask, "What does Odin mean?" I have to explain he's the All Father, Nose Gods... and they stare at me... Father of Thor... Stare at me... Thor, God of Thunder... for which THURsday is named after... Blank stares.

            Odin's got his own day, Wednesday (Woden's day).

            > And they say that Dungeons & Dragons doesn't teach kids anything... man, it was AD&D back in the early, early 80s that first taught me all about Norse, Greek, etc!

            You probably also got some sweet map reading skills.

            -Christian
          • Tawmis
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
              > > My favorite is when people ask, "What does Odin mean?"
              > > I have to explain he's the All Father, Nose Gods... and
              > > they stare at me... Father of Thor... Stare at me... Thor,
              > > God of Thunder... for which THURsday is named after...
              > > Blank stares.
              > Odin's got his own day, Wednesday (Woden's day).

              Aye! But if they don't know THOR... and know THURsday is named after THOR... at least THOR and THUR are close... I couldn't imagine trying to explain how Odin = Weds (Woden's Day)...

              > > And they say that Dungeons & Dragons doesn't teach kids
              > > anything... man, it was AD&D back in the early, early
              > > 80s that first taught me all about Norse, Greek, etc!
              > You probably also got some sweet map reading skills.

              Well... if they're on graph paper. :-D
            • Christian
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
                --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Tawmis" <ravenflight.sabretooth@...> wrote:

                > > > My favorite is when people ask, "What does Odin mean?"
                > > > I have to explain he's the All Father, Nose Gods... and
                > > > they stare at me... Father of Thor... Stare at me... Thor,
                > > > God of Thunder... for which THURsday is named after...
                > > > Blank stares.
                > > Odin's got his own day, Wednesday (Woden's day).
                >
                > Aye! But if they don't know THOR... and know THURsday is named after THOR... at least THOR and THUR are close... I couldn't imagine trying to explain how Odin = Weds (Woden's Day)...
                >
                > > > And they say that Dungeons & Dragons doesn't teach kids
                > > > anything... man, it was AD&D back in the early, early
                > > > 80s that first taught me all about Norse, Greek, etc!
                > > You probably also got some sweet map reading skills.
                >
                > Well... if they're on graph paper. :-D

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btSeHMtuXXw

                For your sweet map reading skills.

                -Christian
              • Tawmis
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 2009
                  Odin came within the top 10 which is amazing! Thank you all for voting for Odin and really making it possible for him to race through the charts! :)

                  http://www.moderndogmagazine.com/photocontest/top
                • Don
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2009
                    --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Tawmis" <ravenflight.sabretooth@...> wrote:

                    > Odin came within the top 10 which is amazing! Thank you all for voting for Odin and really making it possible for him to race through the charts! :)
                    >
                    > http://www.moderndogmagazine.com/photocontest/top

                    Hey, the pup deserved the vote!

                    Glad I got to help a wee bit.