Re: THOR hardcover out this week too!

  • Don
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 8:49 PM
      --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <lundonj@...> wrote:

      > I almost forgot, the Marvel collection of the first six issues, or
      > volume one of the new series is out today.

      I got my copy of the hardcover, really, really nice for only 20 bucks.

      Includes first issues, all the variant covers and Coipel's concept
      sketches. Without ads, amazing color reproduction, this thing is off
      the charts awesome!

      -Don
    • Hoang Thai
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008
        --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <lundonj@...> wrote:

        > --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <lundonj@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I almost forgot, the Marvel collection of the first six issues,
        or
        > > volume one of the new series is out today.
        > >

        > I got my copy of the hardcover, really, really nice for only 20
        bucks.

        > Includes first issues, all the variant covers and Coipel's concept
        > sketches. Without ads, amazing color reproduction, this thing is
        off
        > the charts awesome!
        >

        > -Don

        'Twas indeed. I was torn whether or not to grab this. I know there's
        a strong chance the larger version will be available but that might
        be down the track so I stuck with it and I'm not regretting it...
        well at least till the oversized version hits. I loved seeing all the
        covers I didn't get too. Really nice stuff.
      • Don
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008
          --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Hoang Thai" <flying__blind@...> wrote:
          > 'Twas indeed. I was torn whether or not to grab this. I know there's
          > a strong chance the larger version will be available but that might
          > be down the track so I stuck with it and I'm not regretting it...
          > well at least till the oversized version hits. I loved seeing all the
          > covers I didn't get too. Really nice stuff.

          I hope they collect it into an oversized hardcover. Those are really,
          really nice books. Marvel did that with ANNIHILATION and the
          Busiek/Perez run on AVENGERS, PLANET HULK, the Brubaker CAP run, etc.

          Plus some of the Kirby classics, like ETERNALS in a really nice
          hardcover too.

          If they don't, the current hardcover is pretty nice.