Re: [ Thor Fans ] Thor and Bullets.

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
      Leafy wondered,
      >Where is it shown that a bullet actually ever HURT Thor?

      Nowhere, to my knowledge, 'except' the issue
      of BLACK PANTHER where Priest had Thor
      get shot by a high-powered rifle.
      It knocked Thor down but he got back
      up in a bit as good as old.

      Thor has been knocked down---and out---
      by mortar fire, and then there is the
      'cannon' episode you brought up.

      Other times when Thor has been shot at
      by small arms, he has simply swung
      Mjolnir and swatted the slugs aside
      like so many annoying mosquitoes.

    • thundergod29
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
        You gotta remember, this is the same @$$hole who had Conan bitch slap
        a kid. When I called him on that one, his lame@$$ "argument"
        was "Well, REH never showed us Conan slapping a kid, and he never
        showed us Conan buying a sword. But Conan carried a sword. Therefore,
        if he did not show Conan doing something, you have no way of knowing
        whether Conan would have done it or not.

        TO which I pointed out REH DID show Conan shopping for swords in the
        swordmakers' bazzaar in the beginning of Shadows in Zamboula.
        And REH never showed us Conan having sex with sheep, or other men, and
        that given Conan's attitude and nature and sayings, I am pretty sure
        he would have done neither. Also, in Treasure of Tranicos Conan is
        nice and polite to the most annoying child in literature.
        Busiak is an idiot. I am glad I single handedly ran him out of REHupa
        and off the Dark Horse Conan title.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
          tg said,
          >You gotta remember, this is the same @$$hole who had Conan bitch slap
          >a kid.

          My main peeve is his treatment of the Real Deal in the
          Marvel/DC crossover.
          He admitted on a public forum that one of the first
          thoughts he had when he got the gig was to have
          Supes beat Thor.
          No consideration at all of the 'magic factor',
          which has seen Supes laid low several times
          before by characters considerably less
          powerful than the Odinson.

          Then to have the rest of the Avengers
          jump on Superman and pound him to mush---
          too bad no many people use the word
          'hokum' any more.
          It sure applied.

        • thundergod29
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 2, 2007
            --

            In the current issue of Teen Titans the new Supergirl is pretty much
            laid low by the Druid....

            - In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, drobbins <drobbins@...> wrote:

            > tg said,
            > >You gotta remember, this is the same @$$hole who had Conan bitch
            slap
            > >a kid.
            >
            > My main peeve is his treatment of the Real Deal in the
            > Marvel/DC crossover.
            > He admitted on a public forum that one of the first
            > thoughts he had when he got the gig was to have
            > Supes beat Thor.
            > No consideration at all of the 'magic factor',
            > which has seen Supes laid low several times
            > before by characters considerably less
            > powerful than the Odinson.
            >
            > Then to have the rest of the Avengers
            > jump on Superman and pound him to mush---
            > too bad no many people use the word
            > 'hokum' any more.
            > It sure applied.
            >
            > :)
            > David

          • Tawmis
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007
              > My main peeve is his treatment of the Real Deal in the
              > Marvel/DC crossover.
              > He admitted on a public forum that one of the first
              > thoughts he had when he got the gig was to have
              > Supes beat Thor.
              > No consideration at all of the 'magic factor',
              > which has seen Supes laid low several times
              > before by characters considerably less
              > powerful than the Odinson.

              Well THOR's defeat at the hands of Superman, while disappointing as
              Hades to me, was not a surprise in the least. Superman is just too...
              iconic... of a character to "lose face" in such a high profile story.
              So him beating Thor didn't come as a surprise to me.
            • Tawmis
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007
                > In the current issue of Teen Titans the new Supergirl
                > is pretty much laid low by the Druid....
                > That's right. The current Kara Zor El, who is more
                > powerful than her cousing Kal, aka Clark, aka Superman,
                > gets her shapely butt handed to her by the Druid.
                > A man who at best hopefully gets some powers from anceint
                > gods and earth spirits....
                > In case anyone is interested the Titans of the Future
                > are back...

                Hrm. I am admittedly very weak with DC Lore... but I have been
                collecting TITANS/TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS and all of that for some time
                now... (back when it was TITANS, then changed to TEEN TITANS and
                OUTSIDERS... now I just collect TEEN TITANS)...

                But I didn't get the impression that SUPERGIRL was by any means equal
                to - or more so, MORE powerful than Superman?
              • Don
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007
                  --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "Tawmis" <tyragon@...> wrote:
                  > But I didn't get the impression that SUPERGIRL was by any means equal
                  > to - or more so, MORE powerful than Superman?

                  She was initially, with the main difference being she didn't suffer at
                  all in the presence of Kryptonite. At the end of the 'dark' Supergirl
                  arc, Supes showed he can be as powerful as he needs to be against her.

                  -Don (kind of fun to talk a little DC on the ol' Thor board)
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Leafy said,
                    >Well THOR's defeat at the hands of Superman, while disappointing as
                    >Hades to me, was not a surprise in the least. Superman is just too...
                    >iconic... of a character to "lose face" in such a high profile story.
                    >So him beating Thor didn't come as a surprise to me.

                    I recognize the icon factor.

                    But did Thor 'have' to go down at all?
                    The story couldn't be told without
                    that in there?

                    Then again, it's no more
                    stupid than Aquaman
                    beating Namor---and I
                    really like both.

                    David
                  • Don
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 6, 2007
                      --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, drobbins <drobbins@...> wrote:
                      > Then again, it's no more
                      > stupid than Aquaman
                      > beating Namor---and I
                      > really like both.

                      I have respect for both characters, but I don't see this match as close
                      as Thor v. Supes. In my mind, I see Namor winning over Aquaman 99
                      times out of 100. Of course, in my mind I see Thor stomping Superman
                      75 times out of 100 too...

                      Cap and Batman would be close, although I take DD over both of 'em.