Re: [ Thor Fans ] One more hammer slinger added to the mix.....

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2006
      Don shared,

      > AVENGERS NEXT #2
      >

      > **SPOILERS!!!***
      >

      > **Last chance....SPOILERS!!***
      >

      > Thena, the daughter of Thor. I kid thee not.

      This is just stupid.
      We are talking supremo stupid.

      > > On the cover anyway. I haven't read it yet. Tom DeFalco is looking
      > to break records in adding to the Thor family (Dargo, Thor
      > II/Thunderstrike, Thunderstrike II and now Thena).

      The guy makes his living creating
      Thor clones.
      Apparently he has no clue that clones
      inevitably dilute the viability of any icon.
      Oh, sure, some suffer less than others,
      but honestly, we needed 'another'???

      Maybe Marvel should pull a DC CRISIS,
      only instead of wiping out alternate
      universes, they should wipe out every
      'Thor' except the Real Deal.

    • Don
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "drobbins" <drobbins@...> wrote:
        > Maybe Marvel should pull a DC CRISIS,
        > only instead of wiping out alternate
        > universes, they should wipe out every
        > 'Thor' except the Real Deal.

        It could be a fun story on a lot of levels. Imagine the power of the
        foe that would be needed to hunt down and kill Thor clones through time
        and space.

        I'll bet it wouldn't be too hard to make a special event pitch for a
        mini-series on something like this. It could entertain, add some drama
        for a powerful foe like that to be zipping through the MU and then help
        to establish how cool the Real Deal is when he wins the day.

        -Don
      • Hoang Thai
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
          --- In thorfans@yahoogroups.com, "drobbins" <drobbins@...> wrote:

          > Don shared,
          >
          > > AVENGERS NEXT #2
          > >

          > > **SPOILERS!!!***
          > >

          > > **Last chance....SPOILERS!!***
          > >

          > > Thena, the daughter of Thor. I kid thee not.
          >
          > This is just stupid.
          > We are talking supremo stupid.

          Funny though. Thor himself can't get a book but clones keep leaping
          out of the woodwork.

          I gave the series a miss. MC2 was fun for awhile and old school but
          Frenz doesn't capture my imagination.