Walt

  • JD
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
      Last I checked, Walt was busy on Elric. When does the
      second issue come out?
      Back when he was on the Orion book, I asked him on
      another board if he would ever do Thor and basically
      he said that he had done all he wanted with the
      character on his original run and had no intentions of
      coming back.

      =====
      "Strength and honor....What we do in life, echoes in eternity...."

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com
    • Lundonj
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
        --- JD <thundergod29@...> wrote:

        > Last I checked, Walt was busy on Elric. When does
        > the
        > second issue come out?

        DC pushed it back to December, I think some extra
        pages and the coloring on this is taking some time.
        Well worth the wait as I think it is some of Walt's
        best stuff.

        > Back when he was on the Orion book, I asked him on
        > another board if he would ever do Thor and basically
        > he said that he had done all he wanted with the
        > character on his original run and had no intentions
        > of
        > coming back.

        Yeah, he still talks readers and I've seen him go back
        and forth on that, as recent as last month on the
        Alvaro board. Marvel had approached Walt about maybe
        writing THOR: The End (the What if style books about
        the presumed final adventures of various heroes).
        However, Walt is still exclusive to DC and he last
        said it wouldn't be cool to talk about Marvel
        characters while DC is paying the light bill.

        DC had to give permission for the new Walt covers of
        the THOR trade paperbacks covering his run.

        http://mail.yahoo.com