Re: [ Thor Fans ] cap, cheese eaters....

  • wam_jake99
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      It's like when the WWE (formerly the WWF but they had to change
      their name thanks to a lawsuit..) bought out the WCW.

      All the fans were hoping for the ultimate WWE vs. WCW feud of all
      time.

      What they were treated to was WCW stars being used as tackling
      dummies and beaten with ease by the WWE roster. Former champ DDP was
      beaten by the Undertaker's WIFE in 5 seconds.

      Marvel is like WCW and DC is like the WWE. If Marvel somehow bought
      out DC - Superman would probably rise to the top of the Marvel
      Universe in no time flat. Kind of like when Hulk Hogan jumped from
      the WWE (then the WWF) to WCW and the whole federation suddenly
      revolved around him. Stars such as "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and
      Sting were put on the sidelines as the Orange Goblin ram amock.

      The converse - the more realistic scenario of DC buying out Marvel -
      well, then as someone said earlier we'd get treated to Batman easily
      outsmarting Marvel mainstays like Dr. Doom and Superman beating the
      snot out of any and all comers. Trust me - any respect Busiek might
      have had for Thor and the Avengers would be out the window as
      Superman would probably outfight the entire roster of Avengers in
      one "heroic" moment.

      Do I like it?

      Hell no - but it's a grim reality. A no-win situation, if you will.

      JR